Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Why do some moms think breastfeeding is gross?
lisar
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 07:38 PM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,760

QUOTE (Jamison'smama @ Feb 13 2007, 04:51 PM)
My point was, many times people come onto boards and attempt to start trouble just for fun. This has happened on this board more than once. Yes we are mature adults but we all know that some subjects bring out strong feelings.

Oh I totally agree with you. I wasnt saying it mean. I agreed. I was just saying that, that person didnt do a very good job at starting something because we are all adults here. Thats all. If I offended any I am truly sorry it wasnt inteded that way.
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Feb 14 2007, 04:35 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

QUOTE (Jamison'smama @ Feb 13 2007, 04:43 PM)
Hmmm, do you think maybe the original poster was attempting to get people riled up? This was their first post and they've not responded. At least this stayed nice and calm.

yes its been around 22 days since its been posted LOL

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Bamamom
Posted: Feb 14 2007, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Changing lives one diaper at a time since 2006

Member No.: 3,297

yeah I'm always suspicious when a person's first post is like this - but my 2cents.gif anyway.

I think moms should try to bf unless there is some physical reason not too - just cause it has been scientifically proven that its better for baby. That being said - I DON'T think moms should be made to feel bad or should beat themselves up if things don't work out. Sometimes milk doesn't come in, sometimes they just don't produce enough, sometimes there is an illness, sometimes work interferes, ect.

I guess I too would have a problem with someone who didn't try to breastfeed because it's just inconvenient. Heck yeah it's inconvenient - but alot of things about having a kid are. That's motherhood. But bm is best and I want my kids to get as much of it as possible. I was only able to breastfeed for 7 months with Tripp (my supply got all funky when I got pg), I hope to bf this baby till its at least a year - maybe longer.

I'm really proud of us too - look how nice and calm we all are!!! There was a time there when this board could get ugly!

This post has been edited by Bamamom on Feb 14 2007, 07:47 AM

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

jcc64
Posted: Feb 14 2007, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

I think the premise of the original post was pretty lame, and it's clear it was troll bait.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
3xsthefun
Posted: Feb 14 2007, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 227

Nevermind, I should not said anything. blush.gif

Anyways, you all are probably right it is just a troll or someone just trying stir up trouble. mad.gif

This post has been edited by WVmommie on Feb 14 2007, 09:22 AM

--------------------
Tina wife to Rob (Sept. 25, 1999)
mommy to Kaitlynn (11), Maegan (7) & Ryan (3.5)
PMMSN
Paprikash
Posted: Feb 15 2007, 01:43 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 8,335

I can think of a couple of advantages to formula feeding, or at least bottle feeding, which might be that the baby's father or other caregiver have the opportunity to bond with the baby through feeding; the mother gets to rest more (let's face it, breastfeeding is EXHAUSTING in those early weeks), and you can measure exactly how much the baby is eating which can be important for tiny sick little babies. None of these advantages would have kept me from BFing, but there are always advantages to different methods.

Edited to add: it occurred to me that this was a troll post as well.

This post has been edited by Paprikash on Feb 15 2007, 01:44 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0128 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]