Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Clamping Down
MommyToAshley
  Posted: Apr 2 2003, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Ashley has started to "clamp down" now when she is done nursing. She only does this at night because that is the only time she nurses for any length of time. I think she does this because she is done nursing but wants the security of still being latched on? I can feel her bottom teeth now too, as soon as they grow in more she will be biting me. Any ideas how to discourage this?

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
supermom
Posted: Apr 2 2003, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

Oh, this is always the most fun part (of course, being totally sarcastic!).

My suggestion to you, even though you might wake her for a minute or two, is to remove her from the breast as soon as she is done. If you don't you will probably be in for some painful clamps, even without the teeth. Anders did this for a while, and I just made sure I took him off after he was finished, because he had a full set of teeth. You might also try the "pulling in" suggestion I made earlier too, to see if you can get her off that way, and that might not startle her so much. (For those that missed it, pull the baby towards your breast so that they have to let go to get a breath, therefore releasing their suction and/or bite)

If either of those don't work, then you might also try just slipping your finger into the corner of her mouth so she can't get a good clamp going. At least that will save you from some pain....

Good luck and hang in there.

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0101 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]