Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I am so sick of the winter blues
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 5 2008, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I can't take it anymore. I am tired ALL the time. I mean, literally 24/7. No matter how much sleep I get I'm tired. I know it's winter blues and I just need to weather this until Spring gets here but Dh is starting to worry about it. He thinks it's more than winter blues and it honestly isn't sad.gif Anyone else going through this?

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
HuskerMom
Posted: Feb 5 2008, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 7,388

I feel the same way. The weather hadn't been too bad though until this morning. It's been snowing all day so far. I hate not being able to go anywhere and being stuck in the house. And I don't want to take Keith out in it because he's got a fever. dry.gif

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Feb 5 2008, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

hug.gif hug.gif I'm sorry honey, spring is really just around the corner now!! hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Feb 5 2008, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

YES, I could have written your post Karen. I am feeling so blah lately. Hate hate hate the winter. It lasts way too long here in CO. Like I wrote in Monica's sleep disorder post, I'm reading a book called "Natural Highs". It gives you the lowdown on how unatural highs, caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes do harm to our body. Deplete us of good nutrients. You can eat really healthy, but caffeine actually just takes it away. Gives us that up, then we crash. And of course we all become dependant on things like caffeine to give us that "high" in the morning, I know I do. So instead, they offer up some natural ways to get that same high, but with supplements, amino acids and minerals that will actually not harm your body. And supposedly make you feel even better than the affects of caffeine. I'm not done with the book, but I will let you know what they say to take to get over the blues. They give a list of supps to take to lift your mood, plus a lot more. Very detailed, so I will have to get back to you.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
PMEmail Poster
austins mom
Posted: Feb 5 2008, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 19,839

From what my doc says its normal for people to feel that way at certain times a year. He said that its called seasonal depression. You can try something for depression to see if it helps...
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Feb 5 2008, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

sunflower.gif sunflower.gif sunflower.gif sunflower.gif sunflower.gif sunflower.gif
sun.gif sun.gif sun.gif sun.gif sun.gif sun.gif sun.gif sun.gif sun.gif sun.gif sun.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Calimama
Posted: Feb 5 2008, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif Hang in there, it's almost spring.
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Feb 5 2008, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

I deffinalty have my days like that. hug.gif

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Feb 5 2008, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Okay, I just flipped through the book and got to a section about light therapy. Saying that we often feel the "winter blahs" because of the lack of natural light in our homes. Also, color. I guess color affects our mood. I guess studies show that certain colors painted in a kindergarten class actually help to motivate kids, increasing grades, etc. Now I'm only getting this from the book I'm reading, so I am NOT saying it is fact. But I actually believe it. We don't have much natural light in my home. I'm in the basement with the kids a lot during the day. We don't go out that much in the winter either because it's too dang cold. So it makes sense to me. And they mention something about lights in an office, which made me think of you Karen...So just a thought, would taking a walk every few hours during the day help? Sorry if I'm way off course blahblah.gif . Just some ideas. If you're interested in what they said to take, as far as supps, PM me.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Feb 5 2008, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (mysweetpeasWil&Wes @ Feb 5 2008, 06:09 PM)
Okay, I just flipped through the book and got to a section about light therapy. Saying that we often feel the "winter blahs" because of the lack of natural light in our homes. Also, color. I guess color affects our mood. I guess studies show that certain colors painted in a kindergarten class actually help to motivate kids, increasing grades, etc. Now I'm only getting this from the book I'm reading, so I am NOT saying it is fact. But I actually believe it. We don't have much natural light in my home. I'm in the basement with the kids a lot during the day. We don't go out that much in the winter either because it's too dang cold. So it makes sense to me. And they mention something about lights in an office, which made me think of you Karen...So just a thought, would taking a walk every few hours during the day help? Sorry if I'm way off course blahblah.gif . Just some ideas. If you're interested in what they said to take, as far as supps, PM me.

Sounds like there could be something to it. I always feel better when I have the window open next to my desk.

Just curious, what colors do they say are "motivating" colors?

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
holley79
Posted: Feb 5 2008, 02:18 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,515

Annika, DH and I are all suffering from winter time blues. Poor Annika hasn't been able to play outside for about a month now. I leave for work when it's dark and get home when it's dark. It really takes it's toll on you for sure. hug.gif

--------------------
Holley~ Loving wife to Shawn, (03/22/03), stepmom to Brandon (5/23/88), mom to Annika Lily (12/28/05).
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
luvmykids
Posted: Feb 5 2008, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I feel the same way, even with a GREAT nights sleep I feel like I could nap all day if anyone would let me....I've been trying to open up all the blinds first thing in the morning, it seems to help a little but I still know this won't go away until there is some warmth and real sunshine hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
Brias3
Posted: Feb 6 2008, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,419

I feel the same way- could have posted this myself! The worst is when all three kids are in school three days a week, I feel as though I could just go home and crawl back into bed...and I have a few times! I have so much to get done during those times, but seriously, the days I've went straight home to take a nap, it's been a struggle to even wake up again to go get Mason at 11:30 wacko.gif blush.gif I feel like such a bum....I can't wait for winter to be over!

hug.gif hug.gif 's to you Karen, and everyone else experiencing these darn winter doldrums!

This post has been edited by Brias3 on Feb 6 2008, 08:16 AM

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
Teesa®©
Posted: Feb 23 2008, 02:12 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 73

Lighting does affect you, can you not open up a bunch of blinds and let any sun in?

I often open windows to get some fresh air in and I also turn on music for the day. That helps motivate me. We're all music freaks around here.

I do drink a lot of coffee - a pot or sometimes 2 a day, and my pot makes 12 cups - but every few days I make herbal tea in it, usually Green Tea.

How about doing something that you really enjoy? Sewing, needlepoint, puzzles, read a good book... whatever your interests are.
PM

:.Mrs_Mommy.:
Posted: Feb 23 2008, 02:23 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 18,118

I feel the same way!

Opening blinds probably would help but they way my house is set up it doesn't help. There are very few windows in my house, it is always dark and cave-like. In the warm weather at least we can open doors and leave screen doors shut but in the winter time it lets in such a draft that we can't very often at all.

sun.gif hug.gif sun.gif hug.gif sun.gif

--------------------
~Kalli~

Mommy to:
Aaron Joseph 01.20.00
Lily Ann Marie 04.03.01
Kyla Raye 05.25.04

Photobucket

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Feb 23 2008, 05:54 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

I was just scolded about this from DH, who said he is tired of me being negative and so moody and blah, and he blames it on the winter blues.
I agree.
I hardly feel like doing anything anymore.
I open the curtains but its still grey outside and snow on the ground. I am sick of all the boots coats and missing mittens, just to go two blocks to the bus stop twice a day.
i want some warm, get the stroller out weather..NOW!

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Jackie012007
Posted: Feb 23 2008, 06:26 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,017

I'm definitely sick of winter and here in NY there are no signs of the snow letting up any time soon!

It has been so dark and dreary because it has been storming all week, it makes me just want to stay in bed!

--------------------
Jackie - mama to Carly Evelyn (01-05-07) and Bride-to-Be (02-28-09)
PMEmail Poster
BAC'sMom
Posted: Feb 23 2008, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 7,486

hug.gif sun.gif hug.gif

--------------------
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0454 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]