Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Is this even possible?, My weight loss
PrairieMom
Posted: Jan 3 2007, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,561

I couldn't resist temptation, and jumped on the scale first thing this morning, and I am down 4 pounds from a week ago. redbounce.gif
But, is this even really possible? maybe my scale needs new batteries. laugh.gif
I have been working hard at my diet, and really haven't cheated at all. I have just been eating around 1100 calories a day, and choosing the calories I DO eat wisely. I haven't even been working out, but I did work hard all weekend, basically spending 9-12 hours in constant motion with walking and patient care. I also started taking the stairs. (2 of my 4 shifts I had patients on both the 2nd and 6th floors. ) dry.gif laugh.gif Is it possible to loose 4 pounds in a week this way?
PM
moped
Posted: Jan 3 2007, 07:04 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Yes but it is likely water weight - ifyou are slugging back the water like crazy then yes you will lose that - but that is the initial loss - now you will see a bit less, about 2 pounds per week from now on - but good job girl!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 3 2007, 07:13 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Congrats Tara and yes just like Jen said you can lose that much in your first week of really following a program and it should taper off as the weeks go by. Keep up the great work and you will be back to your goal in no time. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN

PrairieMom
Posted: Jan 3 2007, 07:13 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (jenhopkins2000 @ Jan 3 2007, 10:04 AM)
Yes but it is likely water weight - ifyou are slugging back the water like crazy then yes you will lose that - but that is the initial loss - now you will see a bit less, about 2 pounds per week from now on - but good job girl!

Well, I haven't been drinking anything. Really, at all. This weekend, I realized that I had gone 18 hours with out drinking anything but 12 ounces of coke. blush.gif Working nights really screws with you, esp. when you are busy. I also went 24 hours and only ate one thing of yogurt, 1/2 a serving of malt o meal, and a hand full of baked french fries. (not by choice, I was stressed, having a panic attack, and busy at work)

growl.gif Ugh. Not pleasant.

I'm getting back on track, eating to keep my metabolism up, and drinking lots of water today. thumb.gif
PM
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Jan 3 2007, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

Definately possible - I remember when I first started my diet about a year and a half ago I lost 7 lbs the first week - the first thing I did was jump on here and ask is that possible? rolling_smile.gif

On another note, 1100 calories is very low - most experts recommend no less than 1200. Just a thought.
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Jan 3 2007, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (brookeandmadisonsmom @ Jan 3 2007, 10:17 PM)
Definately possible - I remember when I first started my diet about a year and a half ago I lost 7 lbs the first week - the first thing I did was jump on here and ask is that possible? rolling_smile.gif

On another note, 1100 calories is very low - most experts recommend no less than 1200. Just a thought.

I'm not really succeeding at 1100 anyway. laugh.gif I'm trying hard tho. I found a website called thedailyplate.com, where you put in your weight and activity level and how fast you want to loose, and they tell you how many calories you can eat and help track your calories. It is pretty neat. My goal was to loose 2 pounds a week.
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0132 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]