Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Can't Stop Eating
Kirstenmumof3
  Posted: Dec 4 2006, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

This past week I have probably gained about 5lbs because I can't stop eating. And it's not healthy eating at all! My DH is concerned and thought it was because of the new medication I'm on. If I don't get this under control I am going to have to buy all new clothes, because the clothes that I have are starting to get a little tight. I've probably gained about 15lbs since coming back from Toronto in June. I don't know what to do. But as of today I have sworn of chocolate and alchohol. I really need to loose weight, but don't know how. I hate being overweight, I hate that my clothes don't fit, I hate the way I look! We have family portraits on Thursday and I just feel fat and ugly! bawling.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

hug.gif hug.gif I'm sorry. I know how you feel, though. For some reason this time of the year I eat like crazy. I've gained 4 pounds since Thanksgiving and all my efforts to lose what I've lost so far is going down the drain fast. Today I decided to start anew and then DH took me out for lunch, which I couldn't resist. blush.gif I had already eaten a pretty high caloric bkfast knowing I'd just have soup for lunch, but oh well.

I wish I had some advice, I'd give it to both of us. hug.gif hug.gif

Can your doc give you a different med that doesn't make you want to eat?

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

are you eating because you feel hungry or is it more emotional? My biggest problem is what they call emotional eating, I tend to want to much when I am board. I am really tring to not do that or at least not as often. I thankfully have maintained since thanksgiving. TBH swearing off chocolate will only make you want it more, or at least it does for me.Just try little things to start, baby steps. Its not easy and seems so easy to put on and hard as heck to take off. hug.gif

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster

Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

The pharmacy told my DH today that it isn't the medication that is doing this. I sometimes eat because of stress. But it's like I'm never full. sad.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
3_call_me_mama
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

Waiting for sun!

Member No.: 254

HUGS! I hear ya girlie smile.gif I feel liek I am eating constantly.. and never get full... maybe try upping your liquid intake. I find that if i drink more water i dont' eat as muich..... HTH! Hang in there!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
booey2
  Posted: Dec 4 2006, 06:05 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

hug.gif I am not too sure what to suggest here. Di and cam&kat's_mom have given some pretty good advice. Maybe you could start a journal of what you are eating, when you are eating and the feelings are feeling at the time you are eating it. This will may help you identify why you are eating. As for not feeling full when you do start to eat like this try having some protein and a glass of water, once you have eaten you snack, walk away from the food/kitchen, try and engage your hands in something else, like knitting/crocheting or even just taking a walk. hug.gif I have been there with the endless eating and clothes not fitting. Sorry you are going through this right now, if I can help drop me a line.

hug.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Thanks everyone! All of your suggestions have been helpful. I see my Family Doctor on Wednesday, so I'm going to mention this to him and see if there is anything he can suggest. I have to get this under control before we leave for Toronto, so that I can eat properly and make sure I stick to the same routine.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
booey2
  Posted: Dec 6 2006, 04:23 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Hi Kirsten, just checking in to see how you are doing. Hopefully the doctor will be able to give you some suggestions. hug.gif

Terri

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0132 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]