Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> You have GOT to be kidding me...
Kentuckychick
Posted: Feb 11 2009, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,085

Suleman family website

ohmy.gif No way in heck would I donate to that woman!

She's doing everything she can to make money off these children.
Disgusting.

--------------------
~Rachel~ Godmommy to;Connor (September '04) & Caydence (August '06)

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Feb 11 2009, 01:58 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

Looks less like a "meet the octuplets" site and more like a "give me some money" site.... dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mckayleesmom
Posted: Feb 12 2009, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

I saw that yesterday...I wouldn't donate anything to her either...afterall..she is already recieving Welfare (which she lied about not recieving), She gets almost 500 dollars in food stamps a month..which is more then some people are getting for unemployement right now and that was just for the 6 kids she already had. Something just rubs me the wrong way about her..its like she thought having all these babies was her ticket to fame , a career boost and wealth..She is very dilusional imo. What happened to the money she won from that lawsuit we keep hearing she won? Oh ya..thats right..she probably used that to pay for the invitro instead of feeding the children she already had herself.

Also..I'm wondering if there is going to be a welfare fraud investigation now. If she could afford invitro..she shouldn't have been recieving food stamps. Did she not claim that money she won in the lawsuit? Thats a big no no.

I would donate to the babies and children for a future account they can claim when they are older...but I would never donate money their crazy mom could get her hands on.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster

boyohboyohboy
Posted: Feb 12 2009, 09:00 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

Last I saw on the today show they were investigating the dr who performed the invitro..but I sure hope someone by now is checking on those first 6 kids and thinking about what a mistake it would be to let her take these babies home..
how sad that they might end up lost and seperated now in foster care..
she was really very selfish to do what she did.

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 12 2009, 09:10 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (mckayleesmom @ Feb 12 2009, 11:47 AM)
Also..I'm wondering if there is going to be a welfare fraud investigation now. If she could afford invitro..she shouldn't have been recieving food stamps. Did she not claim that money she won in the lawsuit? Thats a big no no.

Very good question, and if true another reason why welfare gets such a bad name.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Feb 12 2009, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

Dr. Phil had the Killeen woman on yesterday (the operator of the website - she runs a PR firm) and basically that was the message she was relaying. Don't wag your finger, this woman needs help with all these kids.

Truth be told she got that one part right. Those kids didn't ask for the cards they were dealt. I just don't think I could in good conscience donate to that woman; I fear in her selfishness she would take too much of the money for herself. I truly think she's got some severe mental issues (including clinical depression and delusions to mention two) and needs more than just financial help.

As for the doctor who implanted those kids in her; HE should be the one that is made to pay for his irresponsibility.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Kentuckychick
Posted: Feb 12 2009, 07:21 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,085

QUOTE (redchief @ Feb 12 2009, 07:10 PM)
Dr. Phil had the Killeen woman on yesterday (the operator of the website - she runs a PR firm) and basically that was the message she was relaying. Don't wag your finger, this woman needs help with all these kids.

Truth be told she got that one part right. Those kids didn't ask for the cards they were dealt. I just don't think I could in good conscience donate to that woman; I fear in her selfishness she would take too much of the money for herself. I truly think she's got some severe mental issues (including clinical depression and delusions to mention two) and needs more than just financial help.

As for the doctor who implanted those kids in her; HE should be the one that is made to pay for his irresponsibility.

Exactly -- if I knew the money was going directly into some sort of account that could ONLY be used for those children in the future... then I may be inclined to help out, but no way am I donating to a woman who clearly does not know what to do with money. I'd seriously be concerned she'd take the donations and use them towards another invitro.

--------------------
~Rachel~ Godmommy to;Connor (September '04) & Caydence (August '06)

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Feb 12 2009, 11:54 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I agree with you Ed, if the funds went to someone else who then bought clean clothes and fed the babies then I would donate. My heart just aches for those poor babies.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
lovemy2
Posted: Feb 13 2009, 05:31 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

I would donate not for the mother but for those babies - it isn't their fault - my only fear would be that she wouldn't use it for them - but if she is a good Mom - which we have no way of really knowing then so be it - take care of your babies..... sleep.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
mckayleesmom
Posted: Feb 13 2009, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

I have seen pictures of this woman from a couple years back and she has obviously had plastic surgery...therefore...that is probably what she did with her settlement money. There is no way I would donate to her...she should have used that money for her kids, not her face.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Feb 13 2009, 06:47 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

QUOTE (redchief @ Feb 12 2009, 09:10 PM)

ITA, she is completely delusional!

I feel bad for her mom too, she looked soooo tired and haggard and they showed pics of her house where they all live....she already takes care of those six and now eight more? She looked so bewildered as to why her daughter would do this.

And that doctor, WOW growl.gif growl.gif growl.gif
PMEmail Poster
jcc64
Posted: Feb 13 2009, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

Truth be told, I am sooooooooooo sick of all the ranting and raving over this woman. Yes, I'm sure she's a whack job, yes she's irresponsible. Yes, she's probably going to be on some form of public assistance as a result of her mental disabilities and irrational behavior, which I understand pisses a lot of people off. The government picks up the tab for a lot of things I don't approve of. To me, the blame lies more with the drs, who should have known better and advised mental, rather than obstetrical help. Why not ask them to provide financial support for the mess they created?
But in the meantime, I wish AM talk radio would move onto their next victim already.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 16 2009, 08:55 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (jcc64 @ Feb 13 2009, 12:01 PM)
I wish AM talk radio would move onto their next victim already.

AM radio is the only one talking about it? You need to stop blaming AM radio for everything. It's NOT just AM radio that is on this woman.

Yes, the doctors are to blame, but this woman is to blame as well.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Feb 16 2009, 01:50 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Member No.: 467

This whole situation runs right through me, I watched the 2-day piece on the Dr Phil show and this woman is completely out of her mind. Those poor babies. They had Kate on there from John and Kate plus 8 and if you could hear what she went through with 2 kids at home and sextuplets, it scares me to death to think this woman will have 6 at home with octuplets. Kate said she had 50+ people each week helping her, can you imagine?

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM

PrairieMom
Posted: Feb 16 2009, 01:57 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

Okay, I have been thinking about this, and I just gotta ask.
What do you think should have happened to those embryos that she had implanted?
They were being stored in a freezer waiting for a womb. So, should they just sit there for all of eternity? should they be thrown out?
I personally believe that life begins at conception. So, is she noble for her sacrifice to see that all these embryos have a chance at life? I know that I personally would have a really hard time knowing that I had babies somewhere in a freezer just waiting to be warmed up and grown. wub.gif
AND why can't some of those "spare" embryos be donated to families that can't conceive?

Don't get me wrong, I think it was wrong for the Dr to preform the procedure and I think the situation is really sad. sad.gif
PM
My2Beauties
Posted: Feb 17 2009, 07:20 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Member No.: 467

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Feb 16 2009, 05:57 PM)
They were being stored in a freezer waiting for a womb. So, should they just sit there for all of eternity? should they be thrown out?
I personally believe that life begins at conception. So, is she noble for her sacrifice to see that all these embryos have a chance at life? I know that I personally would have a really hard time knowing that I had babies somewhere in a freezer just waiting to be warmed up and grown. wub.gif
AND why can't some of those "spare" embryos be donated to families that can't conceive?

Don't get me wrong, I think it was wrong for the Dr to preform the procedure and I think the situation is really sad. sad.gif

I admire people who cannot have kids and use invitro or other fertility methods, it shows that they are really serious and will show that child a lot of love, I just think this particular situation is a tad bit shady b/c of the fact that she's on welfare, sounds like she wants money/donations, the methods the doctor used, and the fact that she already has 6 children who need her, how can she possibly attend to 14 children being a single mother with no help? I can barely spread myself between the two I have. I'm sure I could spread myself amongst 3 or even 4 or 5 kids if I had to but 14 children, that has to be extremely difficult and they are all younger as well. I feel sorry for them because they wont' get a lot of one on one mommy time. sad.gif

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 17 2009, 07:23 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Feb 16 2009, 04:57 PM)

Hmm, well I think it's perfectly fine to go get IVF, even after having six kids but I don't think it is fine to have all the embryos implanted at once. Have a few at a time, instead. Or at least wait until you can financially deal with the 6 you have. She not only wasn't thinking about her children, but look what her parents have done for her as well. She's still young, she didn't have to use ALL those embryos at once.

I really can't answer whether they should be thrown out, sit there for eternity, etc.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
DVFlyer
Posted: Feb 17 2009, 08:28 AM
Quote Post

Just a man

Member No.: 1,368

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Feb 16 2009, 01:57 PM)

Were they embryos or eggs that were being stored?

--------------------
Convincing the world that the only way to solve the ongoing issues while raising children is PERSISTENCE. You have to keep trying things and not give up........ they eventually go away on their own. ;-)
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Feb 17 2009, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

QUOTE (DVFlyer @ Feb 17 2009, 11:28 AM)
QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Feb 16 2009, 01:57 PM)
I personally believe that life begins at conception. So, is she noble for her sacrifice to see that all these embryos have a chance at life? I know that I personally would have a really hard time knowing that I had babies somewhere in a freezer just waiting to be warmed up and grown.  wub.gif

Don't get me wrong, I think it was wrong for the Dr to preform the procedure and I think the situation is really sad.  sad.gif

Were they embryos or eggs that were being stored?

I think so. I THINK they were all from the same donor, and she had a few implanted before, and then these. Right? unsure.gif I remember hearing somewhere that they all had the same father and that he was urging her to stop using the embryos. Although, really, who knows what the truth is anymore. rolleyes.gif
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0127 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]