Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Anyone?, eyeliner
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Oct 2 2007, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

Anyone wear now or ever try colored eyeliner? I read recently that violet eyeliner makes green eyes pop. I have green eyes and wanted to try it. But wondering if it will look like...well..purple bags under my eyes. laugh.gif Does it work?

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Oct 2 2007, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Yes I wear different colors depending on the day

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Oct 2 2007, 12:40 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (moped @ Oct 2 2007, 03:35 PM)
Yes I wear different colors depending on the day

What colors do you wear Jen? Do you just smuge it under your eye or wear on top? I'm totally confused when it comes to makeup, especially eye makeup. blush.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

coasterqueen
Posted: Oct 2 2007, 12:53 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I haven't tried it since the 80's, early 90's. I wore too much colored liner and mascara then. I'm almost afraid to try it now . tongue.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
MyBabeMaddie
Posted: Oct 2 2007, 01:05 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,193

Rae, I have green eyes some days and blue on others. Purple definitely brings out the green a million times more... For blue eyes browns/tans/copper makes them look blue.

I wear MAC makeup, they have a color called Prunella its my favorite, its purple and I wear it just about everyday, I put it on the water line on the bottom of the eye and then a little bit on the top and try to out line the eye socket with a light eyeshadow.

--------------------
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
moped
Posted: Oct 2 2007, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I have shades of blue and green - I mean I don't look like I am straight out of the 80's........

My day to day is a brown or grey, but I don't smudge, I make sure the pencil is sharp and just got half the way top and bottom....maybe smudge the top a wee bit!

Hard to explain - you will just have to come over and see i guess! wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Oct 2 2007, 01:18 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (moped @ Oct 2 2007, 04:06 PM)
Hard to explain - you will just have to come over and see i guess! wink.gif

Oh I wish!!! wink.gif I have family in Canada (don't ask me where) and I've been dying to go some time. I would love for someone (YOU) to help me with makeup. I just get scared and then put it away in my drawer for a year or so. I tried doing the smoky eye smudgy look, but it just felt heavy. Not sexy, but smessy! I used to use liquid black eyeliner in college. Where you sweep it out on top. I loved how Tiffany Theason (I think that was her name) from 90210 did it, so I copied her. laugh.gif But that was the last time I wore it...so let's say...10 years ago! blush.gif I think I posted about eyeliner on here last year sometime. As you can tell, I haven't gotten very far with it....LOL. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Oct 2 2007, 01:32 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I love the updated colored liners thumb.gif My eyes are a greenish/bluish and the purple tones, like Sara said, make them look incredibly green. I have a gray I like, a copper I love, and a blue I wear once in awhile, it's more of a navy though.

For big nights out, I use a super sharp black liner and draw a really thin line as close as I possibly can to the lash base, both upper and lower....it makes your lashes look extra extra thick wink.gif

I never could make the smoky eye work for me either, I have small eyes so it just made me look like I lost a boxing match laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Oct 2 2007, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Gold is a fun color I have - maybe more bronze....

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Oct 11 2007, 04:28 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

For me when I wear it, I use liquid...and only a very thin line about 3\4 way on the top lid. I have weird eyes though... liner doesn't look good on me at all when I put some on the bottom. My skin is too dark and the whites of my eyes are too white. Any liner on the bottom makes my eyes look really odd. blink.gif

If I am trying to have a little fun though, I'll wear any color pencil liner on top (I've even worn a reddish burgundy color... lol) and accent it with a complimentary shadow color.

I'll fool around with it this afternoon when the kids are sleeping if I think about it, and I'll take some pictures of funky eyes.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Oct 11 2007, 09:25 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

I wear liquid, but I have blue eyes so I use brown, blue and black eye liner whichever I feel like using for the time tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0141 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]