Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Pork Roast??
Jamison'smama
Posted: Nov 9 2008, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 214

I need to cook a pork tenderloin today...any easy ideas? A crockpot suggestion would be great! Not a fan of cooked apples although I know many recipes for pork suggest them.

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Nov 9 2008, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

We cook them all the time, but I've never cooked one in the crockpot. They only take about 30 mins to cook in the oven. You need to take the internal temp in order to tell when it's done. Scotty and I normally marinade it and then grill it, as I think it's better with a crust.

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Nov 9 2008, 08:11 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

I add pineapple juice to the water in the crock pot.. gives it a more tender texture, with all the acid. then you can take the broth and make sweet and sour sauce with it by adding some brown sugar, vinegar, soya sauce and garlic.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

Jamison'smama
Posted: Nov 9 2008, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Member No.: 214

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Nov 9 2008, 11:20 PM)
We cook them all the time, but I've never cooked one in the crockpot. They only take about 30 mins to cook in the oven. You need to take the internal temp in order to tell when it's done. Scotty and I normally marinade it and then grill it, as I think it's better with a crust.

what do you marinate yours in?

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Nov 9 2008, 09:07 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Nov 10 2008, 01:11 AM)
I add pineapple juice to the water in the crock pot.. gives it a more tender texture, with all the acid. then you can take the broth and make sweet and sour sauce with it by adding some brown sugar, vinegar, soya sauce and garlic.

That sounds delish, I'll have to try that.

Usually I just coat it in a bunch of spices and cinnimin and brown sugar.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Nov 10 2008, 04:08 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

I usually stuff it with fresh garlic cloves

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
PrairieMom
Posted: Nov 10 2008, 05:23 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,561

We add 1/2 a jar of apple jelly, with some minced garlic and cook it that way. I Also have a recipie that uses cranberry sauce and I think Dijon mustard, but I would have to dig it out.
Its what we are having wed. yummy!
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Nov 10 2008, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

QUOTE (Jamison'smama @ Nov 9 2008, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Nov 9 2008, 11:20 PM)
We cook them all the time, but I've never cooked one in the crockpot.  They only take about 30 mins to cook in the oven.  You need to take the internal temp in order to tell when it's done.  Scotty and I normally marinade it and then grill it, as I think it's better with a crust.

what do you marinate yours in?

You can marinade it in anything. This is a tenderloin and not a roast, right? Like the long skinny pork tenderloin?

The last one I cooked was this one:

Honey Grilled Butterflied Tenderloins

2 pork tenderloins

1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp bottled minced garlic (I used 2 fresh cloves)
1/2 tsp ground ginger

2 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp honey
2 tsp dark sesame oil (not necessary...I think I used olive oil)

1.Make a lengthwise cut down center of each tenderloin to within 1/4 inch of opposite side; open tenderloin

2. Combine soy sauce, garlic and ginger in a large zip top freezer bag; add tenderloins. Seal bag and chill at least 30 mins, turning occasionally.

3. Preheat grill to medium high (350-400 degrees). Sitr together brown sugar, honey and oil. Drain tenderloins, discarding marinade. Grill, covered with grill lid over medium high heat 10 mins on each side or until pork is barely pink inside or a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 155 degrees, basting often with honey mixture. Let stand 5 mins or until temp reaches 160 degrees.

ETA: We used the leftovers to make fajitas....best fajitas I've ever eaten!!! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Maddie&EthansMom on Nov 10 2008, 08:07 AM
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0187 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]