Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Muslims and Christians united in weddings, The Muslims and Christians united in wed
ebzjdress
  Posted: Apr 5 2012, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,704

Over the last few years I attended a number of my Wedding Dresses Online Muslim colleagues' marriage ceremonies at mosques. Every time I participate in this lovely occasion I get the impression that flower girl dresses uk Muslim weddings have become closer, at least in form, to the wedding ceremonies of Christians.
In the past, Muslims used to celebrate discount flower girl dresses weddings at home or in country-clubs, but now there are big halls attached to mosques that are always occupied by successive weddings, especially on Thursdays and Fridays.
Christians have to book a church a few months in advance to be allotted one hour for their ceremony. Muslims now have to do the same: when you enter the mosque's gate, particularly that of a famous one, you will find a timetable of the evening dresses on sale weddings scheduled for each day. Each couple on the long list is given only one hour.
At the church, the cocktail dresses uk bride and cocktail dresses online groom sit on two prominent seats on the eastern part of the church, surrounded by flowers and candles. At the mosque's banquet hall, there is also a specific space for bride and groom, also decorated with flowers and candles.
As the couple enters the church, they are greeted with a lovely hymn about God, called "The King of Peace". At the mosque, the cheap homecoming dresses 2011 couple enters the hall during the recitation of the 99 attributes of God.
In the Christian wedding ceremony, each couple goes through a three-part religious process: the declaration, the blessings and the prayers. The Pretty Quinceanera Dresses priest has to announce the first names of the couple, and their desire to unite in Jesus Christ. Then, he blesses them and calls on attendees to pray to God to make both the groom and the bride happy and faithful in marriage.
At the mosque, I encountered similar rites. The registrar who conducts the marriage ceremony declares first names of the couple and announces their unity in Islam. He then asks the attendees to pray to God to fill the couples' lives with goodness and prosperity.
Culturally we sometimes think that Muslims and Christians have become distant from one another. However, a deeper look into their daily life practices shows the many similarities between them, although they may appear unable to explore and sustain this closeness.
Unfortunately, fanatics on both sides preach a culture of hatred by drawing divisive lines between Christians and Muslims. When I shared my Colorful Quinceanera Dresses observation about the marriage ceremonies with a conservative Muslim friend, he admitted the similarities, but tried to convince me that what is going on is not new, only a manifestation of Egypt's pure return to real Islamic teachings.
However, I continue to believe that Egyptians differ in religion but unite in culture.
I love to look at issues from a cultural perspective. So despite any apparent social disintegration, this makes me feel that I am still living in a united society.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0102 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]