Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Asparagus chicken, yuuuuuuuuuum!
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Apr 28 2003, 06:56 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

DH will NOT eat certain types of veggies, asparagus being one of them.

BUT..................he WILL eat it when I make this.

First, get some fresh asparagus - 5 or 6 stalks should do for 2 or 3 people.

Take your thawed chicken (thighs or breats, doesn't matter), and put in an oven pan. Take a can of Cream of Asparagus Soup, and mix it in a bowl with half a can of milk. Pour on top of chicken.

Next, take your fresh washed asparagus, and chop into approximately 1/2 inch pieces. Bite sized really. Put on top of chicken, and around it. Put in oven, and bake until chicken is cooked through. Yum yum Yum!!! yummy.gif yummy.gif

You can also substitue the cream of asparagus soup and asparagus with anothe veggie of your choice.

Examples:

Cream of celery with pieces of fresh celery.
Cream of mushroom with pieces of fresh mushrooms

Yum!! yummy.gif It also freezes really well once it's baked, and it reheats very well for a quick lunch!

thumb.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
supermom
Posted: Apr 28 2003, 07:28 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

Yummy - wonder if you added some extra liquid and some rice if that would work.....hmmmmm.......maybe will have to give it a shot and let ya all know.....Think I've got the mushrooms in the closet, might be tomorrow night's dinner.........

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Apr 28 2003, 07:59 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Yeah, I usually serve it with rice!! Makes it real tasty!

smile.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

supermom
Posted: Apr 28 2003, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Do you cook the rice in the same dish as the chicken? Or seperate? If in the same dish, how much extra liquid do you add, and what? Water or milk?

--------------------
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Apr 28 2003, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I cook it separately - Since I use minute rice. When I put it in the plate, I put a generous helping of rice on one half of the plate, steamed veggies on the other side, and I put the chicken and sauce on top of the rice. I like more sauce on mine, DH likes less sauce more chicken.

If you were to do it in the same dish, just add the same amount of water as the directions on the rice, it should all get soaked up. But add it later than the chicken, as you don,t want the rice to become mush.

smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
supermom
Posted: May 1 2003, 09:39 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Just thought I'd tell ya thanks! I made this last night with the mushrooms (NO WAY would DH even touch it if it was aspargarus). I used to cook rabbit this way a lot but had forgotten about it totally and completely. It was DELICIOUS!! In fact, even cooked enough to bring to work for lunch - am eating it now and it's wonderful....thanks for reminding me about this great, easy recipe!

--------------------
and Emily, almost 2

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 1 2003, 09:55 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

You're quite welcome! It's quick, it's easy, and it,s yummy!! lol!

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0225 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]