Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I need thoughts on this.
luvbug00
  Posted: Sep 13 2011, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,984

Jon has started writing his own memoir on his life..He wants to have it go public as a book or something to that effect.
Anyway in one way I'm thrilled he is doing something ..I'm thrilled he is writing (not publishing, just writing) as a therapy type thing and I'm trying to be super supportive.

here is where my blink.gif kicks in.

1. I'm not sure I really want this thing published and public
2. His has had some (VERY graphic and explicit moments that are intimate in nature) experiences in his life. From a very young age. I'm worried that he may regret sharing these.
3. With said experiences I don't want to know about some of his intimacies . especially when it comes to his ex's.
4. I REALLY do not want our current life out there. Most people have some things they keep private in their lives and ours I'd like to keep in our closet.
5. Jons old "bad boy days" will then be on paper and it makes me fear for his safety should those effected read it and put the pieces together.

we talked about it and he is still unsure what he will put forth and what he won't ..still irks me..
thoughts?

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
MommyToAshley
Posted: Sep 13 2011, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I don't think it is bad that he is writing it all down at this stage. Sometimes writing things down helps you to remember those raw emothions that you felt at the time and it can be a healing process. Did he do this on his own or is he working with a therapist?

However, if it something he is considering having published in the future, I think the two of you should decide together what should and should not go in the book. Another thought, if it comes to that point, he could have it published under a ghost name and change the names in the book.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
mckayleesmom
Posted: Sep 13 2011, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

I don't know what to say...I did read it though. I can see how he would want to publish his biography, but I can see how that would take away from your privacy too........Its a double edge sword.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster

msoulz
Posted: Sep 14 2011, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

Publish it as fiction - that way it gets published and no one knows it isn't made up.

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
A&A'smommy
Posted: Sep 14 2011, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

hmmm well I would ask him to remove things that take away from your privacy and are TOO intimate.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
luvbug00
Posted: Sep 15 2011, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

Did he do this on his own or is he working with a therapist?

on his own..I just walked in one day and he was working on it. Random..

Publish it as fiction - that way it gets published and no one knows it isn't made up

I told him names MUST be changed including his own. He wants this to be know that it is a true story.
What he is writting can either touch someone and help or just totally damage him.

I spoke with him again last night about it...he said he doesnt know for sure what he wants in and out until he finishes it..I guess I just have to wait and see then..

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
luvkids
Posted: Sep 20 2011, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,473

I wouldnt mind as long as it helps him to get things off his chest, let him finish it and when he does you can edit a few things before publishing it
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0169 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]