Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Little scare yesterday, Went to ER
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 08:52 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

I called DH to come home yesterday afternoon because I had a major headache, tingly hands, nausea, seeing spots, dizziness, shortness of breath. I had it ALL! I went to the gym in the morning and took a really hard conditioning class. I felt a bit out of breath/dizzy in class, but it went away. Thought it was just from standing up too quick. So then I did some grocery shopping and picked Wil up from school. Well when we got home, I started making the boys lunch and I seriously started seeing major spots. My head started throbbing to the point I had to sit down. Now I NEVER get headaches, so it started to scare me. I called DH right away and had him talk to me on his cell while he drove home. When I started feeling short of breath, I decided it was time to go to the ER. So all four of us got in the car and went in....Well after lab work, PG test, CT scan, and IV, I came out FINE. The doc suspected a sinus infection since I had the headache was behind my nose and eyes, but the CT scan didn't show it. I'm not PG either. So the only thing they could think of was a virus, one of those non-named viruses that you can get anywhere. The kind that just linger and pop up with weird symptoms. So now I just have to take it easy and drink lots of water to rehydrate. I had a good nights sleep, like almost 10 hours or so, and I'm feeling a lot better today.

So strange. unsure.gif Anyone have any ideas? I didn't have anything to eat before going to the gym, but I had a protein shake afterward. And my symptoms started about two hours AFTER my workout. I don't get it. Maybe I'm just going nuts! blink.gif Holiday anxiety maybe?? growl.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 09:33 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

No ideas. But I hope you feel better. hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Gosh Rae that is scary - I have no ideas, but I am glad you are ok!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Culd have been a migraine. Migraines do funny thigs to me. unsure.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 09:39 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I know low blood pressure can cause some of those symptoms, but don't have any other ideas. I'm glad you're feeling better hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 09:55 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

So strange! I wonder if your blood pressure just went out of whack? Are you on any new meds?

I get that way when I work out, but that's just from exertion. Hope you are feeling better now!

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
momtoMegan&Alyxandria
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,452

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Nov 28 2007, 12:38 PM)
Culd have been a migraine. Migraines do funny thigs to me. unsure.gif

I agree. I get most of those symptoms when I get one. And mine are triggered by either stress or by rapid weather changes (just like what Ohio is like).

Hope you are feeling better now. hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

Yikes that sucks!!!! I'm glad you are okay though!!! I hate er visits hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thanks you guys! They checked my blood pressure first thing when I went in, and it was normal. The doc did say that it could have been a migraine and since I have never had one, I panicked, causing the other symptoms. I feel for all of you who get them! Wow, it really knocked me off my feet, literally! It could also be dehydration and exertion from working out too hard.

Oh, I forgot to mention that when my lab work came back, they said my potassium levels were low. But they didn't seem to connect the two. I had a banana this morning just in case! wink.gif

My sister just told me that my dad felt nauseous today, so maybe he and I have the same virus. Not sure. I need to call him and see if he is having any of the same symptoms.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

That is so weird, it sounds a lot like my ER trip back in July. I didn't see spots or have a hard time catching my breath, but I did have a headache, felt the numbness and tingling, and I got a really dry mouth and felt very dizzy like I was going to pass out. The ER doc did all of the same tests as you had done, and concluded it was virus (I think they say that when they don't know what else it is). It was pretty scary though, I have never had a virus like that. Then when I followed up with my family doc (at the time, I have a diff doc now), he said it was most likely a sinus infection on top of the virus and gave me antibiotics for it. I had a few more episodes over the course of the month. (Then, I started having all the other unrelated issues with the fibroids and the breast cancer scare on top of that.) They never did determine exactly what was causing those episodes though.

I hope you are able to figure it out and feel better. Take it easy. hug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

That's how my sinus infection started.

I'm glad you are feeling better. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Nov 29 2007, 12:18 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

That would have scared me too! Glad it was nothing major. Hopefully whatever virus it is.. will go away soon. hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Nov 29 2007, 04:38 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

I get that way with sinus pressure from allergies so I try to be good and take my meds. daily

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
3xsthefun
Posted: Nov 29 2007, 06:53 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 227

That is scary! Glad you are feeling better now! hug.gif

--------------------
Tina wife to Rob (Sept. 25, 1999)
mommy to Kaitlynn (11), Maegan (7) & Ryan (3.5)
PMMSN

MoonMama
Posted: Nov 29 2007, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 4,927

Gosh Rae this is really scary. hug.gif I have no idea. But hope you feel better!
hug.gif hug.gif
PM
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Nov 29 2007, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Nov 28 2007, 03:28 PM)
That's how my sinus infection started.

Aimee, but did you have a cold right before you had these symptoms? Or at least some congestion/stuffed up nose? Because I am clear. I had a cold about two weeks ago, but I'm totally fine now. No runny nose or anything. And the CT scan showed no sinus infection. The nurse was sure it was a sinus infection too.

So I called and told my mom what happened last night and of course she freaked out. I always try to avoid telling her info about my health so that she won't over worry. Now I feel sick to my stomach that I told her. sad.gif She assumes I'm not eating, always blames everything on my weight - or she even started questioning the BC I'm on. Which is possible, but I tried to tell her that the mini-pill is safe. Ugh. unsure.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: Nov 29 2007, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Nov 28 2007, 12:23 PM)
I think they say that when they don't know what else it is

Isn't it scary when the doctors don't know what's wrong. sleep.gif

--------------------
user posted image
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Nov 29 2007, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (grapfruit @ Nov 29 2007, 11:50 AM)

Not only that, but I'm surprised at how easily they prescribe heavy pain killers. My headache went away on it's own while I was there. I think the IV really helped. But as they were signing me out, the doc also asked what pain killers I wanted. I was like "huh, do I really need that?" and they said just in case. Just in case!? So I asked for the mildest. I only took pain killers once after my C-section and I hated it, so I won't do it until necessary. Scary thought that it's that easy to get them.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: Nov 29 2007, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

QUOTE (mysweetpeasWil&Wes @ Nov 29 2007, 08:59 AM)
QUOTE (grapfruit @ Nov 29 2007, 11:50 AM)

Not only that, but I'm surprised at how easily they prescribe heavy pain killers. My headache went away on it's own while I was there. I think the IV really helped. But as they were signing me out, the doc also asked what pain killers I wanted. I was like "huh, do I really need that?" and they said just in case. Just in case!? So I asked for the mildest. I only took pain killers once after my C-section and I hated it, so I won't do it until necessary. Scary thought that it's that easy to get them.

Yeah I agree. And antibiotics too. dry.gif

I only took pain killers after my surgery. And even then, when I was IN the hospital the nurses were TELLING me to push the morphine button. I didn't want to b/c it made me itch. blush.gif

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0161 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]