Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> My loss
mummy2girls
  Posted: Oct 8 2003, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

Hi . I loss a infant boy 4 years ago(july 1999) He was born and i thought he was healthy but at home he would not eat or poop. So i took him in to get checked at the er and they did a xray of his belly and it came back as him having some kind of bowel blockadge. So he was admitted into the N.I.C.U He was there for 7 days hooked up to ivs and tubes and then was put through many tests when they finally diagnosed him with Hirschsprungs disease. He was finally eating a d gaining and pooping with his enemas i had to give him each day. so he was released and at 6 weeks he was to have an operation. I brought him home and he was doing great. Then on the 4 th day he started to stop eating and pooping even with his enemas and he was throwing up bile. So i rushed him back. At this time he was letargic and looking grey. They drew some blood, hooked him up to more things and admitted him to the Peds ward. That night he started to have seizures. So the doc took a test and it showed he develpoed a deadly infection and his brain was getting infected. So he was transferred to the P.I.C.U That night he was hooked up to oxygen and put on meds to control and stop the seizures. But by the next day he was going down hill. They rushed him in to the or and he recieved an illeostomy. But he never gained conciousness from the anestetic. His brain activity was getting worse. So he was taken for a cat scan and it shhowed he was going brain dead. They put him in a seperate room so we could spend a day with him before unhooking him from life support as he was already brain dead by the next day. I decded to donate his organs and his heart went to a little boy in vancouver that had hlhs(sp?) and they kidneys went to a lady in the same hospital jordan was in. his other organs were either non tranplantable or they couldnt find receipients. His lung was going to go to a little boy in texas but they were too small. Its been 4 years now since my loss and i have a beautiful 11 month old little girl..jenna.

i did a website http://www.geocities.com/angel_jordan1999/shelly.html

This post has been edited by JennasMommy on Oct 8 2003, 11:39 AM

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Oct 8 2003, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

Thank you for sharing your story. What a beautiful website you have set up in Jordan's memory. He is such a beautiful baby.
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Oct 8 2003, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

I read your story on your website and it broke my heart!! Its a beautiful story, from a very beautiful and strong women!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

DansMom
Posted: Oct 8 2003, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Member No.: 223

Thank you for sharing your story. It's heartbreaking, so difficult to read and think about what you have been through. grouphug.gif

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
mummy2girls
Posted: Oct 9 2003, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

Thanks guys i really appreciate it... wub.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Oct 9 2003, 07:16 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

I read your story on the web site, he was so cute. I cried. I can not imiagine having to go through that. You are so strong I admire that. I feel for anyone who has lost a baby. Big hugs to you. Thank you for sharing.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0091 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]