Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bed wetting
msoulz
  Posted: Feb 23 2010, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,158

Erin has been fully potty trained for over a year. She has wet the bed now 4 out of the past 7 nights. Two of the nights she did not wet I got her up and put her on the potty after 2 - 3 hours of sleep. One night she went, the other she did not but did not wet that night. Tonight DH went in to get her up after about 3 hours and she was already wet! She isn't drinking a lot in the evening and she goes right before bed. So I am wondering; is she maybe just in a growing phase and sleeping that much more soundly? Could she have a UTI or something? She did this once before and we got her up after about 2 hours every night to go for a while and then it seemed to stop. I'm a bit perplexed... blink.gif

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Feb 24 2010, 06:04 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

I think I would wonder about the UTI if she was having pain, or itching or feeling pressure, but you would think if it was an infection she wouldnt be able to stop it during the day also.

Does she do the majority of her drinking say from 3-6p? What about caffine? Is she drinking or eating things with caffine that might be acting as a diuretic?

I am also wondering what would she do if you didnt change her? If she was in the wet cold bed, would she find that uncomfortable enough to stop?

hug.gif

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
msoulz
Posted: Feb 24 2010, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

No caffeine - and I try to cut her off around 6, but she always wants a drink of something so I keep her to small bits of water. I really don't think she is doing it on purpose as she didn't even wake up last night - Steve went in to get her up to go and she had already wet. So I don't know!!

--------------------
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

PM

MommyToAshley
Posted: Feb 25 2010, 12:47 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Could it be a growing spurt? I've heard a lot of people say that their kids wet the bed at night during a growing spurt. I am not sure the reason why though, maybe they are in a deeper sleep during this time? If that's the case though, thnigs should go back to normal shortly.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
msoulz
Posted: Feb 25 2010, 02:37 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Feb 25 2010, 04:47 PM)
Could it be a growing spurt? I've heard a lot of people say that their kids wet the bed at night during a growing spurt. I am not sure the reason why though, maybe they are in a deeper sleep during this time? If that's the case though, thnigs should go back to normal shortly.

I was wondering that too. I think we'll go with that for now. Last night she had no issue at all, never got up and didn't wet, but she sure did make a quick trip when she woke up this morning! laugh.gif

Thanks!

--------------------
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

PM
MommyToAshley
Posted: Feb 26 2010, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (msoulz @ Feb 25 2010, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Feb 25 2010, 04:47 PM)
Could it be a growing spurt?  I've heard a lot of people say that their kids wet the bed at night during a growing spurt.  I am not sure the reason why though, maybe they are in a deeper sleep during this time?  If that's the case though, thnigs should go back to normal shortly.

I was wondering that too. I think we'll go with that for now. Last night she had no issue at all, never got up and didn't wet, but she sure did make a quick trip when she woke up this morning! laugh.gif

Thanks!

Glad to hear she had a good night. thumb.gif Hope it continues!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0111 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]