Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Hello and introduction
booey2
Posted: Apr 8 2003, 04:24 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

Hi all, I am Terri WAHM of two wonderful boys, Matthew 4.5 years old and Thomas 16 months. I like this forum already and look forward to meeting you all. We are living in Toronto Ontario Canada.
Thanks for the warm welcome from those who already welcomed me on the other board.

Terri wavey.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 8 2003, 05:40 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

wavey.gif Hi Terri and Welcome again!

I am a WAHM too ... I love the extra time I can spend with my DD but it makes for a long day sometimes. smile.gif And, I LOVE every moment of it!!

It's nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and your boys. smile.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
booey2
Posted: Apr 8 2003, 05:46 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Hi Dee Dee, actually I thought WAHM meant Work Away from Home Mom, sorry for the confusion. I goofed with my abreviations guess I better read up on them. Thanks for the hello. I would love to be a work at home mom but right now it is not looking good. I actually have gotten used to being out of the house. With Matthew I went back to work at 6 months, but with Thomas and our great government up here I was supposed to get 1 year mat leave but work called and asked me to come back early. I negotiated and got more money and better hours so I went back at 9 months. I look forward to meeting you all.

Terri rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Apr 8 2003, 05:51 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Gotta love going back to work early.... dry.gif I went back when Zach was 2 1/2 months old, so that I would have a job. mad.gif

I was not impressed... but at the same time, I'm happy to be making some money, because DH doesn't really work other than weekends - he's in university full-time at the moment. (3 weeks to go...3 weeks to go...3 weeks to go...3 weeks to go...) blink.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Apr 9 2003, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

I understand about counting down the days til school is out. My Dh & I both attended University and couldn't wait till we were finished. Wow going back that early can be really hard. Sorry to hear you had to go then. We were hoping I could be a sahm but it just wasn't going to be bawling.gif , so here I sit day after day, working on a computer, blah. Enough rambling, looking forward to making new connections.

Terri

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 13 2003, 10:46 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

I hope I am not the one confusing the abbreviations. I got most of them from another source and everyone here added a few. Either way, I am a work at home mom. I thought it would be a lot easier than it has been... it's not easy balancing the time between taking care of Ashley and getting work done. If I had my choice, I would play with her all day. smile.gif Oh, and I have to sneak some time in on this board too. haha. It makes for a long day sometimes!

so here I sit day after day, working on a computer
That's what I do at home...haha. So, we are not that different after all. smile.gif

Looking forward to chatting more! yak.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

booey2
Posted: Apr 14 2003, 04:01 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

I guess we are not that different. What kind of work do you do? I work for a party rental company in Toronto, Ontario. All day long I input the orders of about 7 sales reps and do all sorts of other administrative work for everyone. We are a small familly business and the owners are great. Talk to you later, work is calling my name. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Apr 14 2003, 06:03 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Oh neat! What is the name of the company? I'm going down to Toronto at the end of july for a 2 day Mary Kay Seminar, then I'm going to be visiting some family!

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 14 2003, 06:53 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

I guess we are not that different. What kind of work do you do?
DH (TLCDad) and I run our own business -- we do web design, database development, and any kind of custom programming. We are fortunate that this kind of work can be done out of our home. smile.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

booey2
Posted: Apr 14 2003, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

I finally caught on to that after looking around a little and reading some other posts (in the farting post). You guys do a great job, keep up the good work. thumb.gif rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
booey2
Posted: Apr 14 2003, 08:51 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (~*~Zach's Mom~*~ @ Apr 14 2003, 10:03 AM)
Oh neat!  What is the name of the company?  I'm going down to Toronto at the end of july for a 2 day Mary Kay Seminar, then I'm going to be visiting some family!

The name is "Exclusive Affair Rentals Inc." You will be hear just when we go on holidays, we cottage up in the Haliburton area for 1 week.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
  Posted: Apr 14 2003, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Cool! That's too bad... we'll jsut miss each other! heh heh! But that's ok... another time!

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0167 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]