Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Eczema and hydrocortizone creams?, ...in babies under a year?
MellyBellyplus2
  Posted: May 1 2003, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 151

Does anyone know what the recommended ages are for hydrocortizone/corticosteroid creams? My pedi told me he wouldnt perscribe one for Luke for his eczema because of nasty side effects in babies this young...and the Eucerin IS helping, just not making it "all go away", KWIM? I mean, I know it takes more then a few days of lotion lathering to make this kind of rash go away, but at what point to they say "screw it" and go with an rx? Its mostly on his face...and I don't want him to look like he has the "creeping crud" his whole life!! School is hard enough as it is without people looking at your rash funny!!! unsure.gif

Melissa

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: May 1 2003, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

my son started on hx around 3 or so, that's when his excyma (spelling I know) started to get really bad. The only side effect he has now is that it can slightly discolour the skin a bit. He's a little tanned, like daddy, and if used on a regular basis, his tan is a little whiter lol.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
ediep
Posted: May 1 2003, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

Jason ped reccommended that I use .5% hydrocortisone for his eczema. He said to apply it only once a day for 7 days. There were no side effects and it worked great! I also found a baby wash that is for eczema, It is by "gentile naturals" I use it in his bath.

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo

momofajcl
Posted: May 1 2003, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 43

Nicholas had a slight case of eczema and the ped wrote a prescription for a cream that made it vanish in less than 24 hours. It was amazing. Hasn't come back either. Ds#2 had a terrible case of eczema as a baby and I can't remember what his dr. recommended..darn it...but it eventually went away. I think his cleared up before his first b-day...probably before that...this is terrible not having brain cells rolleyes.gif Anyway...he also had terrible cradle cap...yuck! Poor kiddo!

--------------------
Heather - mommy to 3 boys
Andrew (1/24/96)
Christian (1/16/98)
& Nicholas (9/20/02)

Bad spellers of the world UNTIE!
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
booey2
Posted: May 2 2003, 06:23 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Hi, at about 3mnths I noticed that Matthew (my oldest) had this weird rash down his belly. It was 4 rings in the exact spots where his snaps were on his undershirt. So off to the doctor, he couldn't believe his eyes, said he was allergic to the snaps and perscribed hydrocortizone, it cleared it right up. Now Matthew has mild eczema and has a new script for hydro again. Hope this helps. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
momofajcl
Posted: May 2 2003, 06:47 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (booey2 @ May 2 2003, 10:23 AM)
Hi, at about 3mnths I noticed that Matthew (my oldest) had this weird rash down his belly. It was 4 rings in the exact spots where his snaps were on his undershirt. So off to the doctor, he couldn't believe his eyes, said he was allergic to the snaps

My eldest is the same way. I had no clue what it was and was relieved when his ped explained it to me rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Heather - mommy to 3 boys
Andrew (1/24/96)
Christian (1/16/98)
& Nicholas (9/20/02)

Bad spellers of the world UNTIE!
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MellyBellyplus2
Posted: May 2 2003, 07:07 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 151

Thanks everyone for the fast responses! My pedi said they'll check on the progress of the eczema when we go for his 4 month check up and shots 5/20....and decide what to do from there. I don't want to just jump to a steroid, but I can't see the OTC cream I'm using totally taking care of it, kwim? I guess its just wait and see! Glad he's not the only baby w/this problem! wacko.gif

Melissa

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0284 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]