Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> sunscreen?, new study says it's safe for infants?
Mallysmom
Posted: May 1 2003, 03:05 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 149

Hi guys! First, let me introduce myself... My name is Brittany and I am 25 years old. I have one beautiful baby boy born Jan. 20th 2003!!!!!!!!!! I'm new to this website.

Anyways, I was reading a baby magazine yesterday and read something about baby sunscreen being deemed as "infant safe". Does anybody know anything about this? I'm going to the beach in early June and while I don't plan on having Mally out in the sun, I'd like to put something on him just in case!

Anybody else hear this or use sunscreen on their baby?

Thanks
brittany

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
[IMG]http://www.growthspurts.com/image.asp?w=300&loc=2&image=655542212837.jpg
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: May 1 2003, 04:05 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Hi Brittany! wavey.gif

Welcome and congrats on a BEAUTIFUL baby boy! It's nice to meet you and we're glad you joined us.

As for sunscreen, everything that I have read says that you should wait until 6 months to use sunscreen. You might want to ask your Ped though. Your baby should be around 6 months around the time you go to the beach so it might work out nice. Oh, and there is sunscreen that is just for babies.
sunflower.gif

Again, it's nice to meet you and I am looking forward to chattting more!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
ediep
Posted: May 1 2003, 04:10 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

Hi, nice to meet you, welcome to this awesome message board! I love it!!
Jason is 7 months now, but his ped has been telling me for months, that if we go out in the sun for the day or to the beach sunscreen is definately safe for his skin! I bought baby faces for him. It is spf 50, or something like that!

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo

supermom
Posted: May 1 2003, 04:45 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

Hi Brittany! wavey.gif
Welcome to Parenting Club. I am Beverly, mom to 4 and one on the way in August. Nice to meet you, I am sure you will find everyone here friendly and helpful.

I haven't heard anything about that report, maybe I'll have to do a little searching on the net - giggle - but just wanted to say hi to you and welcome.

Take care and hope to see you around.

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 1 2003, 06:06 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Hi Brittany!! Welcome to ParentingClub! The people here are a hoot, I'm sure you'll have a blast!!!

wavey.gif

I haven't used sunscreen on Zach yet, because he hasn't relaly been outside.... but our daycare provider has some specially for babies, she puts it on his face when they go to the park.

I love the pictures!! Really beautiful little guy!!

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Lori_JanuaryMom
Posted: May 1 2003, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 146

wavey.gif Hello Brittany! Glad you made it over here!! thumb.gif I'm not positive, but I have heard that they make sunscreen for young babies now. I would ask your Ped at Mally's next apt. just to be safe.

--------------------
Lori & Jim
Katelyn Danielle 1-23-01
Makinna Faye 1-16-03

PMEmail PosterAOL

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0188 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]