Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Adding Member Information, to the member's profile
supermom
Posted: Apr 4 2003, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

Is there a way to add more information to the member's profile? Sometimes, when replying to someone's question about BF or food, or what have you, it would be helpful to know how old their children are. Well, sometimes just for fun, too, just to see how many kids someone has without having to look up an old post.

There is a section in the profile called information, and there are some blanks - could you maybe say Child One BD, Child Two BD, Child Three BD, etc, etc......

Just a suggestion........

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
TLCDad
Posted: Apr 4 2003, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

As a matter of fact we can do that. Everyone... Leave me your suggestions on what questions I should ask including the ones Supermom already recommended.

Good idea Supermom!
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
  Posted: Apr 7 2003, 07:54 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Maybe also what type of living arrangments... marriage status... age... pets...favortie drink... favorite emoticon used on this site... (this is mine banghead.gif )

tongue.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

supermom
Posted: Apr 20 2003, 04:24 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

bump.gif
Just in case TLCDad forgot about doing this......I do believe somewhere a couple of weeks ago he said he was getting on it - laugh.gif pick-pick-pick-pick

giggle

--------------------
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 20 2003, 08:35 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Member No.: 2

We need a thread called "TLCDad's Honey-Do List" smile.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
TLCDad
Posted: Apr 20 2003, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Apr 21 2003, 12:35 AM)

LOL.. probably should wink.gif Please post here what all questions including the ones already suggested and I will see what I can do... should be no problem.
PMEmail Poster
supermom
Posted: Apr 20 2003, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Apr 20 2003, 11:35 PM)

Hey Mommy -
Just go in and rename this thread and pin it - lol - that way he'll see it always!

--------------------
and Emily, almost 2

supermom
Posted: Apr 30 2003, 10:31 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

OK, I've given you 10 WHOLE days - giggle - and nothing doing yet!! Hey Mommy, jab him in the ribs for me, would ya?

Also, a while back I had suggested that maybe you could add a FAQ or Help forum so you could move all of the posts from the general area to a help forum so if someone was having trouble posting an avitar (too big of a file, or whatever) they could go there to look.....

What about if you added it as a "Pinned" section to this forum - rename it something like "FAQ, Help and Suggestions" or something more creative - whatever - but that way you would not have to have a new forum and it would be easy to find the helps and FAQ - just a thought is all smile.gif

--------------------
and Emily, almost 2

MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 30 2003, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Yes, I will kick him in the pants...but he and Ashley are taking their afternoon nap together atm. smile.gif

He does have an excuse.... besides stuff for the business, he has taken care of some stuff around the house such as chaulk the outside light, replace the garbage disposal, mow the lawn. hehe. He's got a few more things on the honey-do list but I will let him off the hook to take care of board business. LOL Besides, gotta have our priorities straight -- the board business comes first. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

TLCDad
Posted: May 1 2003, 12:14 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

So sorry. blush.gif

Been so busy but not an excuse I know but, I did get the live chat up though wink.gif I will definitely try to get to this by this weekend.

I'm leaning towards these fields
Children's Names and Ages: [TEXT BOX]
Marriage Status: [Single, Married, Living with SO]

Maybe even things like: How many children do you plan to have? Favorite food/drinks (as suggested) Favorite Movie. Etc..

Any more suggestions?

We can always add more in the future as well. But then everyone has to keep updating their profile...lol
PMEmail Poster
supermom
Posted: May 1 2003, 04:57 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

QUOTE (TLCDad @ May 1 2003, 03:14 AM)
I'm leaning towards these fields
Children's Names and Ages: [TEXT BOX]
Marriage Status: [Single, Married, Living with SO]

We can always add more in the future as well. But then everyone has to keep updating their profile...lol

It shouldn't be ages, it should be DOB for the kids - because then people will have to change that all of the time......

And ask if WAH, SAH, or WOH parent - sometimes with occupation it's hard to tell.

I'll forgive you this time, just don't let it happen again wink.gif ! hehehehehehehe

Especially since Mommy said you were such a good boy and worked on the house too! And see you have been doing your taxes on top of everything else....

--------------------
and Emily, almost 2

supermom
Posted: May 1 2003, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Another thing I thought of for you to add is Due Date if Expecting......

--------------------
and Emily, almost 2

supermom
Posted: May 25 2003, 06:35 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

bump.gif bump.gif bump.gif

Yes, this is a hint!! -hehehehehehehehehehe-- wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

I could've used this feature several (read as: many many) times when replying to someone, especially when they post in the general section and I am trying to guess how old their little one is!!!

Plus the opportunity for anyone else to add any suggestions, since we've (you've) gotten so many new members! WTG, BTW - it's awesome - !! A great place to hang out, anytime!

--------------------
and Emily, almost 2

MommyToAshley
Posted: May 25 2003, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

I will let TLCDad know about this... but he may be MIA for a few more days. He has a couple of complicated database applications he is writing at the moment. Unfortunately, those have to come first since we have to pay the bills. LOL.

Sorry it has taken so long to get to this, but I will be sure to remind him. Or, feel free to bump it again in a few days in case I forget. I have a few projects of my own going on and it is possible I may forget.

Thanks for all your hard work and suggestions Supermom... you are one of the reasons the board is so great!!!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

supermom
Posted: Jul 19 2003, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Well, it's been more than a few days - LOL - but thought I might try getting this bumped up again, especially since you guys are getting so big, it's sometimes hard to remember who is what with who.....LOL

--------------------
and Emily, almost 2

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0160 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]