Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Mistake?
SingleDadof4
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 09:32 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,589

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and you can read up on my situation in the introductions board.

Well this weekend did not go well for me. I hired a babysitter for Saturday night to spend some adult time with a few friends from work. Well things got a little out of hand and all I remember is being woke up by my 4 year old on Sunday morning and him asking who the person was in bed with me.
I was really embarrassed and explained that it was a friend from work that needed a place to stay.

How should I explain this to my kids?

Thanks in advance.
PMEmail Poster
AiT
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 11,586

Uhhhhhhhhhh.... WOW!!! You drove home drunk enough to not remember it? I think you need some help. You let a stranger sleep in your house with your kids?

I'm at a loss as to what to tell you other than I really think you need some help.
PMEmail Poster
SingleDadof4
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 10:00 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 11,589

Well seeing as you are new to this board, I don't think I will place a lot of stock on your opinion.

But just to clarify:
My car was not in the drive way so I did not drive home.
The woman that was in bed with me was not a stranger but someone from work that has been a really good friend to me during these past several years.

I understand that this is not the best situation but it has happened and I was hoping to get some advice on how to mitigate the problem, not make it worse.
PMEmail Poster

moped
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 10:01 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

I don't think he said anywhere in this post that he drove home drunk - and he said it was a work freinds he was out with - geez, give the guy a break for a minute here

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Now on to the real topic - YIKES, that is a tough one but we all make mistakes.......

It is great that you got out with some adults for usre. As for talking to your children about who was in bed.........I dont' know much about 4year olds, but I think explaining that it is a freind and she needed somewhere to stay should suffice and if the questions keep coming, just make light of it - no big deal.....gosh I don't know.

Did you ahve a good time though?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
AiT
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 11,586

Oh, I just assumed since he went out and didn't remember coming home that he drove himself. A little presumptuous, I gu4ess.....
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Yes a wee bit

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 10:11 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

Well if your 4 yr old does not ask anything further than what you already said a friend needed a place to sleep then leave it at that, if more questions arase simple short answers.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
Mommyof3
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 4,303

QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Jun 4 2007, 10:11 AM)
Well if your 4 yr old does not ask anything further than what you already said a friend needed a place to sleep then leave it at that, if more questions arase simple short answers.

I agree 100%. Since it is a 4 year old, they may just take what you said and let it pass.
PMEmail Poster
lovemy2
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

I agree - let it slide with the kids but lesson learned for you huh? We all make mistakes - hope you at least had fun...

Some advice though - get out more often then maybe you won't overdo it when you do go emlaugh.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (lovemy2 @ Jun 4 2007, 01:26 PM)
I agree - let it slide with the kids but lesson learned for you huh? We all make mistakes - hope you at least had fun...

Some advice though - get out more often then maybe you won't overdo it when you do go emlaugh.gif

Good one - tongue.gif

Haven't we all had nights like that????

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Mommy2Isabella
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,075

I agree with others, if your 4yr old continues to ask questions, simple short answers. But since it is a 4yr old, they probably are just saying oh daddy had a friend over.

This may bring your 4yr old to ask if he/she can have the opposite sex stay the night... thats another battle .. smile.gif

--------------------
Jessica
Wife to Salvador 12.23.05
Mommy to
Isabella 8.8.06 & Isaia 1.2.08 & Ian 8.28.09
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (AiT @ Jun 4 2007, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (jenhopkins2000 @ Jun 4 2007, 10:27 AM)

Good one -  tongue.gif

Uhhhh...... no. As a matter of fact, no. Obviously you have.....

Mr. AiT and I saved orselves for each other and took our wedding vows seriously. I can't believe more of you aren't offended by this guy's actions.

YIKES - need to avoid major arguement here - and I have raging pg hormones as well

To sum up:

Yes I have had a great time in my life, partied and had fun before i met my husband........I am not perfect, glad to know you are!

Not offended in the very least with his actions.............

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (AiT @ Jun 4 2007, 01:54 PM)

Good one -  tongue.gif

Mr. AiT and I saved orselves for each other and took our wedding vows seriously. I can't believe more of you aren't offended by this guy's actions.

This has NOTHING to do with wedding vows whatsoever.....he is not married and has every right to go out and twist off - he has been through some tough times!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

msoulz
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

QUOTE (AiT @ Jun 4 2007, 02:54 PM)

Good one -  tongue.gif

I haven't experienced a night like that either. But I don't live in a glass house and have no right to judge.

And I agree that your explanation is enough.

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

Good one -  tongue.gif

hey now, play nice ok? we are a very diverse group of individuals. The members of this board run the gamut from the very religous types to more of a hedonistic type. The reason we are all here is our children and to learn how to be better parents and to support others. It's fine to share your POV, in fact, it's welcomed. However, you may not get mean. KWIM? I've learned a lot from those who have God as a strong part of their lives and I've learned a lot from the others as well. Open the mind, take in what you may, share what may help and if you don't have anything to give to contribute to the convo, then just go on to the next topic.
wink.gif

Oh and Jen, I think you and the preggo hormones need to just skip this post for the rest of the day. rolling_smile.gif

This post has been edited by kit_kats_mom on Jun 4 2007, 11:07 AM

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Now, on to the question at hand. You made a mistake. Many of us have done it. As long as it's not a long line of drunken nights followed by a parade of partners though the house, it shouldn't be an issue. He's too young to know what you were doing. Just leave it as you did and if he asks more questions, just answer the questions as truthfully as you can without getting into anything over his head.

Just try to not let it happen again with him in the house. I have actually pretty much quit drinking because I am a chronic worrier. What if my house caught fire and I was too buzzed to be able to save my babies etc. blush.gif Save the nights of relverly for when he's at his moms. thumb.gif

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
moped
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (kit_kats_mom @ Jun 4 2007, 02:06 PM)

Good one -  tongue.gif

hey now, play nice ok? we are a very diverse group of individuals. The members of this board run the gamut from the very religous types to more of a hedonistic type. The reason we are all here is our children and to learn how to be better parents and to support others. It's fine to share your POV, in fact, it's welcomed. However, you may not get mean. KWIM? I've learned a lot from those who have God as a strong part of their lives and I've learned a lot from the others as well. Open the mind, take in what you may, share what may help and if you don't have anything to give to contribute to the convo, then just go on to the next topic.
wink.gif

Oh and Jen, I think you and the preggo hormones need to just skip this post for the rest of the day. rolling_smile.gif

But but mommy, I just can't skip it!!!!!!!!

I understand what you are saying - thank you.

Just to clarify, I am not hedonistic or weird.......... tongue.gif

Just have a hard time with newbies judging is all

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Jen...I C U. tongue.gif I said go. Stay away! Go eat some salt and vinegar chips and ice cream. rolling_smile.gif I'm doing this out of love for you and to keep your blood pressure at a reasonable level. smile.gif

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
CantWait
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 11:21 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

QUOTE (AiT @ Jun 4 2007, 03:54 PM)

Good one -  tongue.gif

Maybe before jumping on people for choices they make, you should get to know them at the very least and their circumstances.
Incredibly rude of you.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 11:23 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (kit_kats_mom @ Jun 4 2007, 02:19 PM)
Jen...I C U.  tongue.gif  I said go. Stay away! Go eat some salt and vinegar chips and ice cream.  rolling_smile.gif I'm doing this out of love for you and to keep your blood pressure at a reasonable level.  smile.gif

OMG I just had a bad of S & V with my sub - HILARIOUS!!!

I can't - mommy, I just can't!

blahblah.gif blahblah.gif

This post has been edited by jenhopkins2000 on Jun 4 2007, 11:24 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
tammyhopkins
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 1,922

As for telling your 4 year old it was a friend no biggie needed a place to stay.

I am new but not new just haven't wrote in about 2 years is all. But this one is getting juicy LOL.

--------------------
MOM TO JOSHUA AND NICHOLAS WIFE TO JEFF

baby

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (kit_kats_mom @ Jun 4 2007, 02:12 PM)
Now, on to the question at hand. You made a mistake. Many of us have done it. As long as it's not a long line of drunken nights followed by a parade of partners though the house, it shouldn't be an issue. He's too young to know what you were doing. Just leave it as you did and if he asks more questions, just answer the questions as truthfully as you can without getting into anything over his head.

Just try to not let it happen again with him in the house. I have actually pretty much quit drinking because I am a chronic worrier. What if my house caught fire and I was too buzzed to be able to save my babies etc. blush.gif Save the nights of relverly for when he's at his moms. thumb.gif

Ok first let me say let's all place nice so we don't have to close this thread. Please. smile.gif Cary that wasn't directed at you because I quoted your thread, just so you know. wink.gif

I wanted to agree with Cary on her advice, but I did want to say that don't underestimate the 4 year old. My child is 4 and would be asking a ton more questions, I know she would. rolleyes.gif Let's hope your son doesn't.

hug.gif And I'm glad you came here to ask for advice. That took courage knowing that some may judge you poorly. We all make mistakes, NO ONE (and I mean no one) is perfect. Although, I like to think I am. Shhh, don't tell me I'm not, please. laugh.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 11:30 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Jun 4 2007, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE (kit_kats_mom @ Jun 4 2007, 02:12 PM)
Now, on to the question at hand. You made a mistake. Many of us have done it.  As long as it's not a long line of drunken nights followed by a parade of partners though the house, it shouldn't be an issue. He's too young to know what you were doing. Just leave it as you did and if he asks more questions, just answer the questions as truthfully as you can without getting into anything over his head.

Just try to not let it happen again with him in the house. I  have actually pretty much quit drinking because I am a chronic worrier. What if my house caught fire and I was too buzzed to be able to save my babies etc.  blush.gif  Save the nights of relverly for when he's at his moms.  thumb.gif

Ok first let me say let's all place nice so we don't have to close this thread. Please. smile.gif Cary that wasn't directed at you because I quoted your thread, just so you know. wink.gif

I wanted to agree with Cary on her advice, but I did want to say that don't underestimate the 4 year old. My child is 4 and would be asking a ton more questions, I know she would. rolleyes.gif Let's hope your son doesn't.

hug.gif And I'm glad you came here to ask for advice. That took courage knowing that some may judge you poorly. We all make mistakes, NO ONE (and I mean no one) is perfect. Although, I like to think I am. Shhh, don't tell me I'm not, please. laugh.gif biggrin.gif

We can't say you aren't perfect - you are a moderator! rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif

Teasing!

I better get out of this or Cary is going to be kicking my butt!

wavey.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
tammyhopkins
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 1,922

Jen you are hillarious, Makes for a good Monday. LOL and yes guys she is experiencing hormonal rage lol

Just kidding SIS wink.gif

--------------------
MOM TO JOSHUA AND NICHOLAS WIFE TO JEFF

baby

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0212 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]