Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Shaving Legs? What age?
lisar
  Posted: Dec 13 2010, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,760

Lexi wants to shave her legs so bad, but I am just not ready to let her yet. She just turned 10 last month and I dont think she needs to. She has blonde hair and you cant even tell she has hair on her legs. I have tried to explain to her that once she starts there are no breaks you have to continue to do forever. Kids in her class are already shaving their legs, so she feels left out cause I wont let her.
What age should I let her? I wasnt allowed to do it until I started the 6th grade.
So after reading Deedee's post about the talk, I thought I would ask this.
Thanks.
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Dec 13 2010, 01:27 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Shoot I was in late junior high before my mom let me and that's because she finally got tired of me coming home bawling my eyes out because everyone made fun of me because I had super hairy legs and it was DARK BROWN hair on my legs. tongue.gif

Kylie's legs are already terrible at age 8, but I'm not gonna let her do it until they are so bad she gets made fun of. tongue.gif Really. It never stuck with me that I was made fun of. It bothered me then, until I got to finally shave them, then I never got made fun of again. I don't want Kylie doing it until she absolutely HAS to do it. If my mother would have told me then what I know now....I would have hoped I had enough sense to wait! laugh.gif Seriously, I don't shave mine now unless I HAVE to. Doesn't bother me any to go around with hairy legs along as no one else can see them. rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif blush.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Dec 13 2010, 02:57 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

Maddie started shaving them in August. She turned 10 in June.

Kids at school were teasing her b/c she is quite hairy. It bothered her and I remember wanting to shave when I was in 5th grade, so I took her to Target, let her pick out her own razor and showed her how to shave. She's been great at keeping up with it on her own. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster

mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Dec 13 2010, 06:05 PM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Dec 13 2010, 05:57 PM)
Maddie started shaving them in August. She turned 10 in June.

Kids at school were teasing her b/c she is quite hairy. It bothered her and I remember wanting to shave when I was in 5th grade, so I took her to Target, let her pick out her own razor and showed her how to shave. She's been great at keeping up with it on her own. smile.gif

Same here. Olivia started shaving at 10. We got her a lady remmington wet/dry shaver. Works great and no torn up legs.

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
bluebear
Posted: Dec 13 2010, 10:39 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 22,716

Get this... my legs were covered in dark hair when I was in 2nd grade. I started in 5th grade when I was 10. It's winter, no need for her to start now. wink.gif
PMAOLYahooMSN
lisar
Posted: Dec 14 2010, 07:18 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Dec 13 2010, 04:27 PM)
Seriously, I don't shave mine now unless I HAVE to. Doesn't bother me any to go around with hairy legs along as no one else can see them. rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif blush.gif

I am the same way! Its winter and I dont shave but once a month. But mine are blonde so you cant really tell.
In the summer though we are always on the water so I have to shave every friday.
PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: Dec 14 2010, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

mya is a fur ball ..shes ten i haven't let her yet..i guess i should.. blink.gif arugh last night the school sent home puberty questions and now all this..why?!!!

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
lisar
Posted: Dec 14 2010, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Alright, so I think come summer time when she is wearing shorts again I will let her start shaving. Its winter right now, so there is no point like someone pointed out. I will wait till summer. Thanks for the advice everyone. I wasnt sure what the norm was on this.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0141 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]