Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> breastfeeding and problems with formula - help!, soy or lactose-free??
luvmybaby
Posted: Aug 7 2006, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,345

my daughter is just over 5 months old, and has been exclusively breastfed. She had some formula in the hospital when she was born, and we supplemented for about the first two weeks. Then only breastmilk. Well we tried to give her 1 oz of formula (the same she took in the hospital when she was born) and 3oz breastmilk. Well, about an hour after she had it, she vomited most of the bottle. Then about 10 minutes after that, the rest of it came. The she vomited 2 more times, and it was like mucous, and it was obviously really hard to get out. I felt soooo bad! We called the ped and made sure she was ok. She rested for about 2 or 3 hours, had some breastmilk, then went to sleep. She has pooped sooo much today. The formula was Similac Advance with Iron.

I just heard back from the ped, and she's pretty sure it's not an allergy to the formula since I have been having dairy and that hasn't upset her at all through the breastmilk. She said we could try the soy or lactose free. What do you think??
PMEmail Poster
Paprikash
Posted: Jan 26 2007, 08:30 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 8,335

Breastmilk doesn't have much iron to speak of, and iron is very hard on the stomach. That could be the problem.

I recommend Enfamil Lipil. I BF my daughter, but give her the occasional bottle of Enfamil Lipil. It was recommended by my pediatrician and she has accepted it well.

Good luck.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
ZandersMama
Posted: Jan 26 2007, 08:33 AM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

I wouldn't feed similac to my dog after seeing what it did to my son. I switched him to goodstart and he has been great.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0104 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]