Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bday present ideas for 9yr old
julesmom
Posted: Aug 20 2011, 01:56 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 323

My dd turns 9 next week. She has been asking for a kindle, which I wasn't too keen on. Don't want to pay for books to read, that's what the library is for.

Now she's asking for a laptop. blink.gif Ummm, no.

What are some 9th birthday present ideas?
PMEmail Poster
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Aug 20 2011, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

Member No.: 828

We have Nook's and just this week discovered the local library has a huge selection of books available online and they can be transferred to the nook super easily. I believe you can put them on the kindle but it is a bit of a process. Katy (almost 9) just finished the huge stack of books she checked out last week so tomorrow is going to go through online and get the next 5-10 she wants only now they will all go on to nook.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
MommyToAshley
Posted: Aug 21 2011, 04:30 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I was going to say the same thing about the library. Our library has digital books for download and you just select what device you are using.

Ashley's 9th birthday is coming up and I am stumped too. She wanted the newer version of the iTouch, but she has the older iTouch so that's probably not going to happen.

I was thinking about redecorating her room and getting her a new desk or vanity for her room.

Other than that, I am stumped and looking for ideas too.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

A&A'smommy
Posted: Aug 21 2011, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

I think a kindle is a great idea, my neice who is 9 got one for christmas and she LOVES it but she is a BIG reader. You can also watch online for free books from amazon and other sites.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 06:11 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Kylie hasn't really asked for much. She wanted an aquarium and fish, so we got her that. Other than that she's asked for iTunes cards and gift certificates to go shopping for clothes. Oh and.....she wants a horse. tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
julesmom
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 08:36 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

I'll look into the Nook!

She has the newer Ipod Touch, got it for Christmas. She asked for Itunes cards from family.

She originally asked for the Ipod 2. I said that's an Ipad 2. She said yeah that's what I want. blink.gif

When *I* own an Ipad 2, then maybe we'll think about getting her one. Maybe wacko.gif
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 09:45 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (julesmom @ Aug 22 2011, 11:36 AM)
I'll look into the Nook!

She has the newer Ipod Touch, got it for Christmas. She asked for Itunes cards from family.

She originally asked for the Ipod 2. I said that's an Ipad 2. She said yeah that's what I want. blink.gif

When *I* own an Ipad 2, then maybe we'll think about getting her one. Maybe wacko.gif

Yeah, I'm gonna get one before Kylie ever does, too. happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
julesmom
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

QUOTE (MyBlueEyedBabies @ Aug 20 2011, 10:49 PM)
We have Nook's and just this week discovered the local library has a huge selection of books available online and they can be transferred to the nook super easily.  I believe you can put them on the kindle but it is a bit of a process.  Katy (almost 9) just finished the huge stack of books she checked out last week so tomorrow is going to go through online and get the next 5-10 she wants only now they will all go on to nook.

Which version of the Nook do you have? I just checked them out and they are as much as a Kindle.

Do you know if you can download children's books from the library onto it? Even though dd is going to be 9, she's dyslexic and reads at a lower reading level.
PMEmail Poster
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

Member No.: 828

We have two of the originals (Katy's is the original) I have the color and will be getting the newer e-ink one soon.

Yes you can get kids books and our library has a ton for all ages. I know my just 5 year old was asking for Curious George when we were searching for books for katy. On the nook color barnes and noble has some pretty cool kids books that read to you (can be a bit pricey) but my 5 year old keeps stealing my nook for his read to me books so I am seriously considering turning that one over to my boys when i get the new one.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
jcc64
Posted: Aug 23 2011, 03:34 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

I'm redecorating Corey's room for her b-day present as we speak. Painting right over all those hand-painted murals of butterflies and dragonflies and hanging flowers that I lovingly painted 9 yrs ago for my little baby girl. bawling.gif bawling.gif

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0117 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]