Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> My Big Girl, no more diapers :)
Mommy2Isabella
Posted: Oct 23 2008, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,075

bawling.gif Ok call me crazy but I am a little sad about Isabella being potty trained.

She came to me last friday and handed me her diaper and said "diapers are for babies, ima big girl momma," I said ok, she has been wearing panties ever since, even thru nap time. We still have her in diapers for bed time because she isn't always dry in the morning, but she is doing WONDERFUL.

It is a little sad for me because she is growing up wayyyy to fast. I tell DH almost daily I am not ready for her to be grown up yet!

Any suggestions on going diaperless thru the night? She goes potty right before we put her in bed and right when she wakes up in the morning, we just don't want a nighttime accident to be a set back in the potty training deal, she is doing EXCELLENT!!!

--------------------
Jessica
Wife to Salvador 12.23.05
Mommy to
Isabella 8.8.06 & Isaia 1.2.08 & Ian 8.28.09
PMEmail Poster
HuskerMom
Posted: Oct 23 2008, 06:23 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 7,388

That's great! thumb.gif I don't have any advice, I'm looking for advice too since we'll be potty training Keith soon (hopefully). tongue.gif

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Oct 23 2008, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

Limit drinks late at night (we stop all drinks 2 hours before bedtime, except for small sips of water if they are very thirsty), make sure she goes potty right before bed, and if she wakes up during the night make her go before she goes back to bed. Nighttime training is the hardest part IMO - Brooke is such a heavy sleeper that she still has accidents sometimes.

Sounds like she's doing great so far, good luck with the rest! thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster

stella6979
Posted: Oct 24 2008, 04:41 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,252

QUOTE (My3LilMonkeys @ Oct 23 2008, 06:33 PM)
Limit drinks late at night (we stop all drinks 2 hours before bedtime, except for small sips of water if they are very thirsty), make sure she goes potty right before bed, and if she wakes up during the night make her go before she goes back to bed. Nighttime training is the hardest part IMO - Brooke is such a heavy sleeper that she still has accidents sometimes.

Sounds like she's doing great so far, good luck with the rest! thumb.gif

We do the same thing. Cut drinks out a couple hours before bed. Avery hasn't had any accidents and even wakes me up at 3 in morning to tell me she has to go pee.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Life is an incredible journey that is only enhanced by the people you share it with. ~ Rev Run
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Oct 24 2008, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

thats awesome!!! My suggestion is getting up with her once in the middle of the night and letting her go potty eventually she will get use to that feeling and do it on her own

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Oct 25 2008, 04:15 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

No offense to anyone else, but I found that Night Training was training me, not Will. I had to limit his fluid intake and I had to get him up in the middle of the night (which was terrible - he was so very tired after a couple of days of this). He was and is a very hard sleeper, and the night when he literally cried in his sleep while I tried to make him go potty just ended all of that for us.
So, I just left him in pull-ups until he quit wetting at night. He'd go 2-3 nights dry, then he'd have a night or 2 where he wet. He eventually just started waking up on his own to use the bathroom at night, even though he'd usually come to my room to do it. tongue.gif
I think night training is not something that you should be worried about -- they'll start waking up when they feel the need to urinate when they are old enough and physically mature enough to. Until then I say let it go -- no need to go through all the extra work when they're not going to do it until they are ready anyway.
But that's just my ever-so-humble opinion. biggrin.gif
If you want to night train, by all means go for it, but if you decide not to, then don't feel bad.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Oct 31 2008, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

It was probably a few months after being day trained that Tanner became night trained without the diapers. I limited drinks, all of the above (minus getting up at night because I just didn't want to go that route), and just waited until he woke up dry for a couple weeks straight. Then the diapers came off at night. Accidents will happen, and possibly for awhile off and on randomly. She might be dry for months, then have a random accident in her sleep. That's just how kids are. Tanner had one about a month ago, and he's 6. I wouldn't call it a complete accident though. He dribbled a little on his underwear, which woke him up, then he went to the bathroom. It was mostly nothing, but it goes to show you that at any age it can happen. Tanner is also a VERY heavy sleeper. I use to be able to vaccum under his crib when he was a baby. wacko.gif

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0080 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]