Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Dr. found a lump today
boyohboyohboy
  Posted: Jan 27 2010, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,466

I went in for a routine physical today and my dr said I have a lump. I am scheduled for a mammogram and an ultrasound tomorrow.
I am freaking out.
I am only 36 yrs old.
There is no history in my family.

Has anyone else ever had one done this early, and if so, after the dr said she felt something, and your mammogram didnt find anything, was the enough for you to feel saticified there is nothing there, or do you always wonder if the scan missed something?

Also, do those of you who do self exams, find it harder to distinguish between lumps and fatty tissue after breast feeding?

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
PrairieMom
Posted: Jan 27 2010, 01:09 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

My sister had a lump that she felt herself that ended up just being a cyst. hug.gif Don't freak out. hug.gif hug.gif I hope you get an answer soon.
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 27 2010, 01:10 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I have issues with those self exams, determining what is just fatty tissue and what is something to be worried about. I had my first mammogram this past year when I turned 35. Breast cancer is very high in my family, both sides, so I demanded it be done. My aunt had to have one breast removed at age 40 due to breast cancer sad.gif Several others in my family had it and died from it.

It could just be "dense tissue", but hopefully you can get better (GOOD) answers from the mammogram. hug.gif hug.gif

It's definitely nothing to play around about. It's just as important as anything else.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

DVFlyer
Posted: Jan 27 2010, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Just a man

Member No.: 1,368

My wife had a lump. It turned out to be a cyst of some kind- the doc drained it in the office. ohmy.gif

--------------------
Convincing the world that the only way to solve the ongoing issues while raising children is PERSISTENCE. You have to keep trying things and not give up........ they eventually go away on their own. ;-)
PMEmail Poster
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Jan 27 2010, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

I had mammograms starting at 35 til I lost my insurance at 42 because of a family history of breast cancer and fibrocystic breast disease. They did find a few lumps~all benign. Good luck tomorrow. It is hard not to freak out until you know for sure.

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jan 27 2010, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

don't worry too much it could very well be nothing, both my mom and my best friend get them ALL the time which can be from too much caffiene, stress ect... hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif KUP!!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
bluebear
Posted: Jan 27 2010, 08:14 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 22,716

My mom had breast cancer this time 6 years ago at age 51. It wasn't genetic, it was from the environment so there is no way I could get it passed down to me. I'm hoping what your doctor found is nothing harmful and is just tissue. Don't hesitate to message me! hug.gif
PMAOLYahooMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jan 27 2010, 10:54 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

A few years ago, I had a lump. I had my first mammogram and they saw some sort of mass, a dark area, and calcium deposits. They didn't like the way the mammogram and utlra sound looked so I ended up having two different types of biopsies in the same breast (due to type of masses and locations). I was scared and convinced I had breast cancer. It all turned out to be nothing and I do have fibrocystic breast as well. So, my advice, even though I know it is hard, is to try not to worry. I cried every night and stressed every day, so I know it will be hard. Just try to remember that much of the time, it does turn out to be nothing. And, I am glad you are getting your annual exams, that's definitely on your side. hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
jcc64
Posted: Jan 28 2010, 05:02 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

I found a lump at around age 40 during a self exam, and like everyone else, completely freaked out. I had a mammo and an ultrasound, both of which showed nothing. It turned out to be a normal part of my breast tissue, though even my regular ob/gyn wasn't sure that's what it was, initially.
You will realize that virtually EVERYONE has a scary lump story at one time or another. Most of the time, they're benign. But tbh, 36 is not "too young" to be vigilant, and you're doing right to get right in there tomorrow and do the mammo--if for no other reason--for peace of mind. Try to take a deep breath, and take one step at a time. And if you're the type of person who won't rest easy if the dr dismisses it as just fatty tissue or whatever, then seek a second opinion. In the meantime, hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 28 2010, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (A&A'smommy @ Jan 27 2010, 09:21 PM)
don't worry too much it could very well be nothing, both my mom and my best friend get them ALL the time which can be from too much caffiene, stress ect... hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif KUP!!!!

I dont drink any caffiene, no soda or coffee or tea.
but where would I get the stress??!!? wacko.gif

--------------------

kimberley
Posted: Jan 28 2010, 02:02 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

hug.gif hug.gif i agree that most cases turn out to be nothing but a cyst. try not to worry. hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
youngmomofone
Posted: Feb 27 2010, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,218

Is there an update?

--------------------
Mom to: CJ 7.03, Alexis 10.09, Taylin 5.11, and Emma and Issac 4.12.
Expecting our last baby Liam Jacob in April 2013.

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 3 2010, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Stacy, did you ever give us an update? If so, I may have missed it. Thinking of you. hug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

boyohboyohboy
Posted: Mar 4 2010, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

sorry, I just kinda pop in and out of here lately..
I had the mammogram done and the ultrasound. I wasnt able to feel the lump. It was found by my dr, but when I went in for the test, the lab tech said, oh there is it, and also the ultra sound tech said here it is. so others are feeling it. I was told my scans are fine and to repeat them next yr.
I was concerned about what is it that they are feeling.
I have a friend who has a friend in Japan who is an excellent x ray tech, and he reads these scans. so I am sending my scans to him to read. to be sure that there is nothing there.

--------------------

MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 4 2010, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Good news! It's smart to send your scans for a second opinion... it never hurts and will give you some peace of mind. But, I think that most docs error on the side of caution when it comes to these things and I think if they had any doubts at all then they would have done a biopsy.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Mar 4 2010, 05:01 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

hug.gif hug.gif I hope all goes well. I've only had a breast exam done, after Spencer and Claudia were born. So it's been about 7 years for me. I have a hard time doing self exams, not sure what it is that I'm looking for. Try not to worry. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0135 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]