Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Prayed I wouldn't post in here
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jul 24 2006, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

QUOTE (BabyOwen427 @ Jul 23 2006, 12:09 AM)
bawling.gif bawling.gif You have me in tears right now. I am right there with you. I had a small baby, head down. Everything looked perfect for a normal delivery. But I went two weeks late, my doc decided to induce. Well, inductions are notorious for being more intense contractions. With every contraction the baby's heartbeat dropped, and never went back up. I was also not dilating past 2cm. At 1pm my doc broke my water and at 2:45ish she told me I needed a c/s, the baby's heartrate was 80 bpm.
I still cry when I think of the surgery. And I understand your feeling of being cheated. We were cheated out of our natural deliveries. I was so wanting the baby to be laid on my chest to bf right after delivery, and DH wanted to cut the cord.
We all prepare for natural delivery, but when it doesn't happen that way noone knows what to do. I never stopped to think what if I had a c/s?
I later found out he couldn't handle the contractions because his umbilical cord was missing an artery. He wasn't getting a good blood supply. I asked my doc if we could have seen that in the u/s, she said not mine, they were too early 15 & 17 weeks. I now wonder why we didn't have a later u/s, if we had known we could have done things differently.
I constantly review things over and over in my head.

My DH says I dwell on this too much, well, his body was not cut into. He doesn't realize the full extent of how this makes me feel. To have a perminate physical reminder(the scar) of the trauma on my body.
I'm sorry, I think I took over your post. I know I need to create my own post, but when I read yours it was like you were reading my mind, like you were there.

Beth, I'm so sorry you had a similiar experience. PM me anytime if you want...

Marie, DH apologized right away and said he wasn't thinking. He called the guy and cancelled, but it still bothers me that it didn't sink it when the guy invited him out. He ended up going golfing on Sunday though, with a different guy, but it was the day after we had company, so I was okay with that. Men sometimes! mad.gif I have to say though, he helped out a ton getting ready for company! wub.gif He just doesn't always think...LOL!

THANKS again everyone for your responses! hug.gif I'm doing okay. I think DH understands that the c-section upsets me and tries talking about it sometimes. We were in bed the other night and out of the blue, he said "I'm sorry Rae that you had to have a c-section". He's been complimenting me a lot on my body lately, which helps forget the icky scar. Wesley is such a GREAT baby...so he's helping me forget too! wub.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
AlexsPajamaMama
Posted: Jul 24 2006, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,473

"I'm sorry Rae that you had to have a c-section". He's been complimenting me a lot on my body lately, which helps forget the icky scar. Wesley is such a GREAT baby...so he's helping me forget too! 

How sweet! That always makes a woman feel good, especially when they aren't feeling 100% I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and that Wesley is such a good baby! hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Michelle~Sahm to Alex,Wife to Greg
user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
My2Beauties
Posted: Aug 15 2006, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

Sorry Rae that I didn't respond to your original post. I hope all is well and you're doing ok. hug.gif

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM

moxee24
Posted: Feb 10 2007, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 2,269

Sorry to hear about what you are going through. I am sorry that some stupid idiot would be inconsiderate enough to post a virus in your topic. Hope you are having a good day today hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

This post has been edited by CJ'SMOM2002 on Feb 10 2007, 11:01 AM

--------------------
~*~*~Jaimie~*~*~

baby

babies
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0115 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]