Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> ladies I have to whine today!, on overload
angelhair
Posted: Aug 3 2005, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 247

wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif I was wondering how much formula do your babies take at one month old? I give holly 4 oz and was wondering what other moms did. also any ideas on how to sooth a colicy baby? she wants to be held 90 percent of the time, but it is hard to do that and tend to my three year old at the same time(like giving my older one a bath, fixing him lunch or just doing a project with him) or heaven forbid, making lunch for myself. it was easier when my son went to preschool for four hours but now he is at home all day until september and is slowly getting out of the nap stage. when do young babies start to be ok being by themselves for short stretches at a time? wjine! whine! whine! sad.gif love dee

--------------------
png" border=0>baby
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Aug 3 2005, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

I can't imagine having another on top of Jack - but he was colicky so maybe I can help - I have heard carrides, gas drops in the bottle, swing helped us, and lots of burping.

I think at that age Jack would drink 4-8 oz but I am not sure because I was nursing, but he was a HUGE eater..............

I am not much help there

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 3 2005, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Not sure about the formula..but as far as the colic I'd suggest a sling. You can get lots done with a cranky baby in a sling! You can even get to pee if you put your babe in there. tongue.gif You just have to be creative to get the job done. laugh.gif

I find it absolutely VERY HARD to help out my almost three year old with things and deal with the baby at the same time. Unfortunately she hears a lot of "Kylie you either have to wait til your sissy falls asleep or daddy gets home". sad.gif I hate having to say that too her but some days I just have no choice.

SLING = lifesaver biggrin.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

Jamielou
Posted: Aug 3 2005, 12:27 PM
Quote Post

~ laney bug ~

Member No.: 1,829

QUOTE (boogabearzmom @ Aug 3 2005, 02:22 PM)
Not sure about the formula..but as far as the colic I'd suggest a sling. You can get lots done with a cranky baby in a sling! You can even get to pee if you put your babe in there. tongue.gif You just have to be creative to get the job done. laugh.gif

I find it absolutely VERY HARD to help out my almost three year old with things and deal with the baby at the same time. Unfortunately she hears a lot of "Kylie you either have to wait til your sissy falls asleep or daddy gets home". sad.gif I hate having to say that too her but some days I just have no choice.

SLING = lifesaver biggrin.gif

That is a good idea thumb.gif I always used the gas drops...

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
ediep
Posted: Aug 3 2005, 01:32 PM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

well, I don't know anything about colic, but at 1 month, jason was eating about 4 ounces of formula at a feeding....about every 3-4 hours. When he was about 3-5 months old, he starting eating about 5-6 ounces and thats when he would sleep a little longer at night.

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
kayla's mama
Posted: Aug 3 2005, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

Go Cardinals!!!!

Member No.: 2,015

well, I don't know anything about colic, but at 1 month, jason was eating about 4 ounces of formula at a feeding....about every 3-4 hours. When he was about 3-5 months old, he starting eating about 5-6 ounces and thats when he would sleep a little longer at night.

dito.gif

Kayla was a very colicky baby. We walk around the house with her all night trying to calm her down. This is what worked for us. You bend your arm like your sitting in a chair with arm rest. And we put Kayla between my body and arm. It puts pressure on their little tummies and gets some air bubbles out. I also laid her on her back, hard to do when she was fussin', and rub her belly in a counter clockwise motion and also bicycled her legs. It could also be the formula. Kayla could not take Good Start, she is on Enfiamil ProSobee for easy digestion. It has worked well for her so far!!!!

Hope you can find some relief soon!!!!!!

--------------------
Brandi~~wife to Jason and Mom to Kayla

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Aug 3 2005, 05:36 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

Alyssa took 4-6 ounces when she was a month old... ((((HUGS)))) I hope it gets better for you soon!!

and I read somewhere to do those things that Kayla'smama suggested to do!! thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
garrettsmom
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 04:34 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 3,517

For us it was a sling, and Mylicon. My ped told me to give it after every feeding, and it would help to break down the air bubbles in his tummy. Was a sanity saver for us!! huh.gif
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0259 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]