Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Geesh, another abusive nanny cam, **video link**
sparkys2boys
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Sleep, is over-rated!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,128

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/200...ht.on.nanny.cnn

Just sick how people can do this. It really isn't safe to leave your kids with people anymore sleep.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 06:59 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

That's disgusting. sleep.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Jackie012007
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 07:04 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,017

you know, every time someone asks me what I am doing now, and I say I'm a stay at home mom, more often than not I get a judgemental look.

I wish I could bring my laptop with me everywhere and show these people videos like this to show WHY I choose to live paycheck to paycheck, but stay home with my daughter mad.gif

what a cretin - I don't understand how anyone can treat an infant like that growl.gif

--------------------
Jackie - mama to Carly Evelyn (01-05-07) and Bride-to-Be (02-28-09)
PMEmail Poster

Crystalina
Posted: Mar 15 2008, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,338

QUOTE (Jackie012007 @ Mar 15 2008, 07:04 AM)

I wish I could bring my laptop with me everywhere and show these people videos like this to show WHY I choose to live paycheck to paycheck, but stay home with my daughter mad.gif

Amen! I have only left my kids with sitters maybe 5 times since they've been born and every time it was a family member. And only certain family members. When I was younger I was abused by a family member so the only ones that watch my kids are dh's parent's and my sister. Not even my mom because she has absolutely no patience.

I really wish that every parent who wanted to stay home with their child could. sleep.gif Bills have to be paid though. I would lie my butt off and say the house was wired in every single room. happy.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
:.Mrs_Mommy.:
Posted: Mar 16 2008, 01:23 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 18,118

That really is horrid. I don't know how anyone can treat kids that way... bawling.gif

--------------------
~Kalli~

Mommy to:
Aaron Joseph 01.20.00
Lily Ann Marie 04.03.01
Kyla Raye 05.25.04

Photobucket

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Nina J
Posted: Mar 16 2008, 02:46 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 3,398

I don't even want to watch it.

It is just so scary to think what people do to children. But I don't think it is just a nowadays thing, like people say "anymore". I mean, people have been abusing children for a long time, and I am sure that babysitters did terrible things to the children they were minding since babysitting was invented (I couldn't think of the word, I don't think it was invented).

It would take a lot for me to be able to leave my children with a babysitter I did not know. I wouldn't let them look after my children unless they had references from other parents, a police check and a working with children check. But still even then, they could be a bad person. They just might not have been caught. So really, I have a hard time imagining ever leaving my children with a perosn I did not know.

--------------------
Nina, Mama to Emily Kate, Odessa Jean & Aysun Aleisha.
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Mar 16 2008, 04:51 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

If people do this to their own children why wouldnt a Nanny do it or baby sitter? Sick ppl. are every where and they hide it very well

I agree the only way your children are safe any more especially this day and age is take care of them yourself

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Mar 16 2008, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif OMG my jaw just dropped watching that! What a horrid woman. Poor baby. bawling.gif I'm glad she seems to be ok. I'll bet her parents are glad they had the nanny cam - it could have saved their baby's life. sleep.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
My2Beauties
Posted: Mar 17 2008, 11:05 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Member No.: 467

bawling.gif bawling.gif I cannot stand to watch stuff like this anymore. How horrible, she acted as if that 5 month old baby was being bad or something, she even spanked it ohmy.gif give me a break growl.gif People disgust me anymore. My kids only stay with family, they never ever stay with anyone else. My IL's and my parents. I've known my sitter for years and years, there are 4 girls there that help her and there are tons of older children there too, so I would definitely know if something were up. My kids adore her.

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 17 2008, 11:46 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Nina J @ Mar 16 2008, 06:46 AM)
I wouldn't let them look after my children unless they had references from other parents, a police check and a working with children check.

The parents were both attorneys and had a background check, references and interviewed the babysitter. These kinds of people are just good at hiding it. You always hear about them having glowing references and no one ever thought that they would abuse a child.

How horrible... that poor baby. I'm so glad the baby is ok, it could have easily been a case of shaken baby syndrome.

I don't trust anyone with Ashley. My MIL and a very good friend are the only ones that have watched her on a handful of occasions.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
mummy2girls
Posted: Mar 17 2008, 11:48 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

GRRR People like this give us good caregivers a BAD name!!!! It makes em really mad that people do this. There are good caregivers out there but because of stupid people like this it is hard to trust the good ones too...

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Crystalina
Posted: Mar 17 2008, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,338

QUOTE (JennasMommy @ Mar 17 2008, 11:48 AM)
GRRR People like this give us good caregivers a BAD name!!!! It makes em really mad that people do this. There are good caregivers out there but because of stupid people like this it is hard to trust the good ones too...

That's something else. Nothing against you at all but what about people that are bringing their children to someone else's house? huh.gif You can't wire their house. unsure.gif I would be worried sick.

And your right. It only takes one bad experience for good people to be looked at like maybe they are one of those sitters.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
huma
Posted: Mar 17 2008, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 20,126

Come on people, this isn't bad. You can't even see if the baby is really being shaken (the baby goes out of frame), all you see is the sweet nanny's arm's moving back and forth...

...sike tongue.gif

Yes, this is really bad. Looking at this nanny's mugshot tells it all... growl.gif
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Mar 17 2008, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

growl.gif growl.gif growl.gif She shouldn't go to jail. There should be a special place for people like that where mothers get paid to treat her the same way she treated that defenseless child. dry.gif

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0111 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]