Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Update on Emily and the Computer
Kirstenmumof3
  Posted: Sep 10 2007, 05:51 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

sleep.gif Well an officer did call us and she expained that what Emily did was a criminal act and that if she hadn't confessed and said she was lying, she could have been charged by starting a false investigation. It would be on her permanent record and the officer said it could make life difficult for her later. So we sat down and talked to her and she doesn't get it! I'm hoping that talking to her counsellor tomorrow it will help. I just pray that she doesn't pull these pranks anymore! sleep.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
amynicole21
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 06:16 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

So scary. hug.gif Does she have ANY unsupervised access to the computer at this point?

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
luvmykids
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 06:17 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,038

hug.gif hug.gif

That could have been very serious, what if the police talk to her directly?
PMEmail Poster

Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 06:56 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (amynicole21 @ Sep 10 2007, 09:16 AM)
So scary. hug.gif Does she have ANY unsupervised access to the computer at this point?

Right now she is grounded from the computer and when she does get it back we will be limiting the amount of time she has on the computer.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Sep 10 2007, 09:17 AM)
hug.gif hug.gif

The officer said she would be more than willing to come and talk to Emily, but thought that we were handling things well.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
lisar
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 07:16 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

QUOTE (CJ'SMOM2002 @ Sep 10 2007, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (luvmykids @ Sep 10 2007, 09:17 AM)
hug.gif  hug.gif

The officer said she would be more than willing to come and talk to Emily, but thought that we were handling things well.

I say have them come and do it anyways. I know you are doing a great job handling things but maybe the officer could scare her a little more than yall.
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 09:18 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

Oh boy I guess I missed that post also
I hope she learns from this and dont repeate it

I can see 6 months with out a computer would do her good

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (gr33n3y3z @ Sep 10 2007, 12:18 PM)

laugh.gif I think she would kill us if we did that to her! But I think limiting her time to only a few hours a day will help a lot. My friends daughter is on until all hours of the night and I just don't agree with that.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
grapfruit
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 11:10 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

Totally agree w/Having the officer come and talk to her. She may HEAR what you're saying (and on some level believe it's true) but for the most part, what you say will go in one ear and out the other. I'd have him talk to her. I think I said it in the first thread. Most would concider it part of their job, b/c they'd much rather scare her straight now then have her in the system later. hug.gif

And for the record, it isn't your fault at all!!!! hug.gif She's a teenager, they do this sort of stuff, some more then others. If you weren't good parents it might not of been a lie. wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (grapfruit @ Sep 10 2007, 02:10 PM)
And for the record, it isn't your fault at all!!!! hug.gif She's a teenager, they do this sort of stuff, some more then others. If you weren't good parents it might not of been a lie. wink.gif

blush.gif Awww Thanks!

We'll see how it goes tomorrow with the Consellor and then take it from there.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
amymom
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

Hi Kirsten,

Personally, I would take her internet privileges away completely, but that is me.

If you choose to allow her to continue to use the chat and IM programs look at getting a program called Chat Watch. It can be put on Stealth mode, meaning she would never know it is working. You can read all their IM's and chats. And it is not very expensive. I purchased it a few years ago, and do not monitor my son's every IM or chat any longer (he is 16 now.) But I can have certain key words signal me to read an IM. Anyway, look in to it.

Good Luck!

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 03:18 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Calimama
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 03:23 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

QUOTE (amymom @ Sep 10 2007, 02:41 PM)

If you choose to allow her to continue to use the chat and IM programs look at getting a program called Chat Watch. It can be put on Stealth mode, meaning she would never know it is working. You can read all their IM's and chats. And it is not very expensive. I purchased it a few years ago, and do not monitor my son's every IM or chat any longer (he is 16 now.) But I can have certain key words signal me to read an IM. Anyway, look in to it.

That sounds like a good idea. I also agree with letting the police come and talk to her. Maybe that would help open her eyes a bit. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (amymom @ Sep 10 2007, 05:41 PM)
Hi Kirsten,

Personally, I would take her internet privileges away completely, but that is me.

Good Luck!

thumb.gif Thanks I'm definately going to have to look into that.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

redchief
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

QUOTE (CJ'SMOM2002 @ Sep 10 2007, 03:06 PM)

laugh.gif I think she would kill us if we did that to her! But I think limiting her time to only a few hours a day will help a lot. My friends daughter is on until all hours of the night and I just don't agree with that.

Kirsten, I know raising teens is tough, but Miss Emily isn't in a position right now to be killing anyone. Now, I know it was just a figure of speech, but she has violated a trust in her freedom, not to mention coming dangerously close to losing her physical freedom as well (as in if she hadn't owned up to the lie she could be sitting in juvenile detention right now). So, as you've probably guessed, I'm with the others on the no computer bandwagon. If it were me, she would be able to complete school work only on the computer. She would be well and truly grounded. She would not have access to the computer in private, period. She would know right well I was watching every move she made, whether it be through software or good old over-the-shoulder intervention.

I know you've already got a full boat, but your daughter came very, very close to destroying an innocent person's life. That she came clean and told the truth about her actions is honorable, but it doesn't change the fact that she did this. Any transgression is forgivable, but when you say that she doesn't get how wrong she was, I'm filled with concern for her future.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
kimberley
Posted: Sep 11 2007, 03:42 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

Any transgression is forgivable, but when you say that she doesn't get how wrong she was, I'm filled with concern for her future.

i agree. i hope it goes well today and she opens up a bit. update when you can. hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
punkeemunkee'smom
Posted: Sep 12 2007, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

It is a wonderful life!

Member No.: 2,162

I would absolutely take the computer away from her. How old is she? I can't remember but maybe you should take her to speak to someone who HAS been raped and show her how serious it is! .

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
baby
baby development
"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of life.
The Administrators and Moderators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions or offensive posts to the Moderators by using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Sep 12 2007, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

QUOTE (redchief @ Sep 10 2007, 09:56 PM)
QUOTE (CJ'SMOM2002 @ Sep 10 2007, 03:06 PM)

Kirsten, I know raising teens is tough, but Miss Emily isn't in a position right now to be killing anyone. Now, I know it was just a figure of speech, but she has violated a trust in her freedom, not to mention coming dangerously close to losing her physical freedom as well (as in if she hadn't owned up to the lie she could be sitting in juvenile detention right now). So, as you've probably guessed, I'm with the others on the no computer bandwagon. If it were me, she would be able to complete school work only on the computer. She would be well and truly grounded. She would not have access to the computer in private, period. She would know right well I was watching every move she made, whether it be through software or good old over-the-shoulder intervention.

I know you've already got a full boat, but your daughter came very, very close to destroying an innocent person's life. That she came clean and told the truth about her actions is honorable, but it doesn't change the fact that she did this. Any transgression is forgivable, but when you say that she doesn't get how wrong she was, I'm filled with concern for her future.

horray.gif iagree.gif
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0203 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]