Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 3-d ultra sound scared baby not so pretty, scared baby not so pretty
nicemeryla
Posted: Feb 23 2005, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,457

Hi ladies!

My best friend is due in April. (I have two kids 9 mo. and 3 years) She called me today and is really upset b3ecuase she has had a few of those 3-d ultra sounds and the baby looks.....well, not so pretty. The nose looks really big...(I said smoooshed)...She thinks he looks like an old man.

I swore to her that neither of my beautiful children were so beautiful right out of the oven.....

Does anyone have any similar experiences? Any that they can admit? happy.gif

I want to be a help to her....

THANK YOU!!

A concerned best friend

This post has been edited by nicemeryla on Feb 23 2005, 09:48 PM

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Feb 23 2005, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

LOL. That kid is smooshed. My babies all looked like tiny cone headed primates right out of the chute. tongue.gif And I kid you not, I've had one friend who's newborn looked a heck of alot like Yoda...he's an adorable 3 year old now and he bears no resemblance to Yoda. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
mummy2girls
Posted: Feb 23 2005, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

LOL>..... Jenna had a HUGE nose when she was born! LOL. I swear her nose was bigger than her face... but she grew into it:) now she looks pretty with her nose:)

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN

maestra
Posted: Feb 23 2005, 08:37 PM
Quote Post

Giselle Rebecca

Member No.: 115

Jaci looked like a little boy, kind of like Giselle does now! rolling_smile.gif She's turned out to be a beautiful, curly haired 2 year old. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Michelle
Wife to Henry (6/8/02)
and Mommy to Jaquelyn (Jaci) 9/23/02, Giselle 1/4/05 and Brian 1/7/09

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
loveydad
Posted: Feb 23 2005, 08:44 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

*laughing* those scans don't make the baby look pretty! We hado ne done at 24 weeks. She's got a big squished nose, scary eyes- but she's beauitful to us because we know what to expect. She'll be beautiful when she sees her.

Ps how could her nose not be squished? It's cramped in there!

nicemeryla
Posted: Feb 23 2005, 09:42 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,457

THANKS YOU GUYS! I am a TOTAL cheese ball.....but, I kinda got teary when I started reading your posts....It is pretty darn cool that when a freind is stressed and needs reassurance, you can find a site with amazing women who will share their experiences with you!!

I can't wait to have her read!!

XO

This post has been edited by nicemeryla on Feb 23 2005, 09:50 PM

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
paradisemommy
Posted: Feb 24 2005, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

Brother/Sister Love :)

Member No.: 142

well i guess i am a unique one because i can't stand the 3D u/s. i think they look totally creepy - tell her not to worry - when the time comes and the baby comes out - she will be so overcome with emotions that she will be the most beautiful baby you have ever seen! REALLY!!! wub.gif and there is no comparison to an u/s and the real thing!!! baby.gif

--------------------
May your troubles be less,
your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door.
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 25 2005, 03:08 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

LOL!!!!!!! That is so funny! SOrry!!! I thought the same thing when I was preggers with my second... lol

My Mother in Law really does have this great big honker of a beak... kinda curves down, but wide at the same time.... Steph has a similar one, but not as big.... so I was REALLLLLY worried when I saw it on the ultrasound.... and when she was born, yes, she did have a flat nose.... and I cried.... and I told the doctor WHY I was crying... and he laughed at me.... said ALL babies born vaginally had squished noses... that it would "un-squish" in a couple days....

Now my daughter is 14 months...and her nose is cute as a button!! It's mine, thank gosh!!

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Boys r us
Posted: Feb 25 2005, 06:01 AM
Quote Post

Alliebelle & Mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 378

rolling_smile.gif haa...I worried about that my whole pregnancy the first time around!

Oh gosh, I'm going to sound horrible here!! Okay, Tanner my first son, he was a beautiful beautiful newborn..so cute in fact that the nurses would keep him at the nurses station and take turns holding him when I **thought** he was in the nursery! Anyhow, I had Braedon and OMG...when I first saw him, (this is so terrible) was..this is NOT my child! His nose was smashed flat across his face and he was dark purple from the cord being wrapped around his neck (very scary delivery..lots of panic..) but anyhow I just looked at him and was like..ohh no..that ain't mine! He was not..let me re-emphasize..NOT a cute newborn! Now look at him in my sig and my avatar..he's darn near the most gorgeous child I've ever seen and I know that isn't my biased opinion alone b/c people stop me..strangers in stores and tell me that he's the most beautiful child they've ever laid eyes on!! wub.gif

--------------------
NICHOLE
Wife to Rick and Mommy to my 3 loves..Tanner, Braedon and Alexandra MiaBella
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0152 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]