Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Restless Leg Syndrome
luvmykids
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,038

Anyone know of any herbal stuff I could try? I already take iron and a b complex, both of which are supposed to help but aren't. I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in months because of this but I'm without insurance at the time and hate to spend the money right now so close to Christmas on a dr visit.
PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

I dunno about the natural stuff but my mom has this and takes the percription on tv. requip? and she loves it because she can finally rest at night. I hope you find somthing that will work for u that's all natural smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Brias3
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,419

My sister experienced RLS since high school. I know she's been seen by the doctor for it in the past, because they've tested for other things, such as iron deficiency, etc. I often know that caffeine and anti-depressants can trigger it as well.

As far as treatments, I know she was on temazepam for awhile, but I think the only herbal remedy she's tried is something called Leg-Rest. I just looked it up online and it looks like it basically is used to promote better circulation during sleep. I could have swore she was able to get it through GNC or something, but I wasn't able to find it on their website. There seems to be plenty of links for it to purchase online though.

I don't know much about RLS, but her symptoms have seemed to subside over the past two years or so. Not sure if it "goes away" necessarily, but I know she doesn't have half the complaints of tingling pain or sleep problems as she used to.

Sorry I can't be of much help!

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster

Brias3
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,419

Here's the link I saw on it!
Leg Rest

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Thanks!! I will check around and see if anyone here has it thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Nov 14 2007, 06:06 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

You too? Ugh I've been battling this for some time and I don't know why. Now that I read anti-depressants can trigger it, that might be my problem. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Nov 14 2007, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I do drink a lot of coffee, I guess I'll try cutting back on that. I'm going today to look for the Leg Rest, I'll let you know if it works. I'm miserable at night, I'd take any improvement bawling.gif
PMEmail Poster
mummy2girls
Posted: Nov 14 2007, 07:12 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

oh i get this.. I HATE IT!!!!! Im not sure what to try but im goign to talk to my doc next visit and see what she says... its so annoying!!!!!!! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Nov 14 2007, 09:56 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Try potassium supplements, surprisingly.

I found that out while I was doing th bernstein diet... I'm not on the diet anymore, but I'm still taking the potassium, and I haven't had RLS for a while.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Nov 14 2007, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

I dont have any advice I just wanted to wish you luck.
PMEmail Poster
DVFlyer
Posted: Nov 14 2007, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

Just a man

Member No.: 1,368

Dealt with this before but haven't had it in a while. It always seemed worse if I didn't get to bed right way. I felt it happened more if I was over-tired.

I was prescribed Klonopin (clonazepam) which seemed to work. I thought it was related to sugar, caffeine, stress etc, but couldn't ever really narrow it down.

I would start the process of a solution by eliminating the usual suspects: sugar, caffeine. No stimulants past lunch. Eat a light(ish) dinner. And give yourself 10 minutes of meditation time before you decide to go to sleep. Nothing too serious. Just a few minutes of calming/ breathing/ relaxing time.

You can also try Melatonin. It is available over-the-counter at health food stores.

--------------------
Convincing the world that the only way to solve the ongoing issues while raising children is PERSISTENCE. You have to keep trying things and not give up........ they eventually go away on their own. ;-)
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: Nov 14 2007, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Nov 14 2007, 09:56 AM)
Try potassium supplements, surprisingly.

I found that out while I was doing th bernstein diet... I'm not on the diet anymore, but I'm still taking the potassium, and I haven't had RLS for a while.

That doesn't suprise me too much. I have always had a bit of problem w/my feet and legs (feet especially) "feeling weird". If I had eaten a banana during the afternoon, it was usually much better. What I'd found (and I've done this since I was a kid) that if I move my feet around a bit I can get to sleep.

It's hard to explain but I switch from each one being the foot on "top" so to speak. Like I overlap them, almost like wringing my hands. Sorry if that's not clear. I do it all the time now (since I've done it for over 10 years...) and barely realize I do it.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Nov 14 2007, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

No advice. I do wonder at times if I have it. I've always had a hard time getting my body to relax when I'm in bed, especially my legs. DH is always saying what's wrong and why I'm moving so much. But I don't know. I would imagine potassium and calcium would work since it helps when you have a charlie horse (which I used to get a lot), but again, not sure. GL. Hope someone else has some good advice! thumb.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Nov 15 2007, 10:49 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

Monica, what about seeing a chiropractor?

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0218 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]