Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> How do you know for sure your baby is teething?
MommyToAshley
  Posted: Mar 2 2003, 12:51 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Ashley is almost 6 months old. She is normally a very happy and playful baby. The last couple days she has been really fussy -- not like her. She does drool a lot and chew on everything in sight, but she has done that since about 3 months old. I tried giving her one of those cold teething rings to see if it would help, but she chewed on it twice and then didn't want anything else to do with it. I don't see anything on her gums. She's not running a temp, but she does seem to be spitting up her BM more (and it has a lot of mucus mixed in with it). Just wondering how to tell if she is really teething because I don't want to give her tylenol or anything else if that is not the problem.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
HomeIsCool
Posted: Mar 3 2003, 07:34 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 30

Sadly, you will know for sure that they are teething ... when a tooth pops out! wink.gif

Seriously, though, you just never know ... once they have a couple, you will learn their signs. Each of my three kids teethed differently and at different ages. First was a grouch for days, it seemed, then he would cut a tooth, his gums would swell then he would cut it a "second" time. My 2nd would get fussy for about 12 hours then a tooth would pop out!

There are a lot of colds and flus going around right now ... could be she just has some drainage, too.

Hope you both feel better soon!

Barbara
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 3 2003, 07:50 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Thanks for the response. I sure do wish babies came with a manual... haha. I just hate to see her suffer and I feel bad that I don't know what is wrong. She was up every couple of hours last night, until about 4am, then she slept till 9:30am. (She normally gets up at 7:00 am) But, she has been in a better mood today. She still spit up a bunch of her BM and I think you are right, it might be drainage. There was a lot of mucus in it again.

Thanks again!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 12 2003, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Ashley had her 6 month check up yesterday, and the Ped shined a light on her gums and we could see the teeth just below the gum line. So, our suspicions were right -- she is teething. And, it looks like it is going to be a slow and agonizing process. bawling.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

~Sheri~
Posted: Mar 13 2003, 08:08 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 19

I was going to say the same as Barbara! You just don't know til those toofers poke thru! My DS has been a drooling, chewing freak since he was 4 months old. His 1st tooth never came thru until he was 9.5 months old! He is now 14 months and has 7 teeth. I swear he is going to pop another any day, but I keep looking and see nothing but swollen gums. sad.gif

Here's some ~~~~easy teething vibes~~~~ coming your way!!

--------------------
~Sheri~ Mama Bear to Jare-Bear~ 01/11/02

PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 13 2003, 08:47 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Oh goodness .... don't know if I can take 5 months of this! The ped recommended baby orajel, and since the ped actually pointed out the tooth under the gums, I am sure she is teething. So, tonight we gave her some ... and we'll see how it goes. baby.gif

By the way Sheri, what a sweetie pie you got there! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0097 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]