Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Does your child's school...
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Sep 28 2006, 11:05 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,766

Does your child's school (public or private elementary school) offer any kind of before or after school program, paid or free? Just curious. Some do around here, some don't.

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
luvmykids
Posted: Sep 28 2006, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Most of ours do, public and private. The private schools base it on a sliding income scale. The twins' school does it hourly, $4.00/hr per kid.
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Sep 28 2006, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

No official program in the elementary school here, but the public library is in the same building and they do have free afterschool programs.

The high schools have all kinds of activities.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Sep 28 2006, 12:12 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

Kait's current school had programs for kids up to age 12, you have to pay for them, its a private.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
C&K*s Mommie
Posted: Oct 17 2006, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

President & CEO of the CNCK Corporation

Member No.: 2,622

Christian's school does. 30mins additional before school. And up to 5 hours after school. I am not sure of the cost of the 30mins prior to school, but the after school is $90/mo.

Not sure about public schools though. I have not heard of it, but there may be a few that do.

--------------------
*~*wife to Christopher for 5yrs~*~
~*~mother to Christian (5) & Kellie (3.5)*~*

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Oct 17 2006, 12:52 PM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

I forgot I posted this! laugh.gif The school closest to us (public) has a Boys and Girls Club program that gives the children free after school care, but the problem is that I do not care for the school itself. The next closest school I'd like him to go to, I believe does not offer anything. Other schools in our district also have after school care, but they are all run by different programs. I don't want to take him to a school just because of their after care programs. Hopefully I will be working at night by then and wont have to think about it! happy.gif On a side note, we have 16 different elementary schools in our district to choose from...what a headache!

This post has been edited by TannerBugsMom on Oct 17 2006, 12:53 PM

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
MommyToAshley
Posted: Oct 17 2006, 12:55 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Ashley is only in preschool, but I purposely chose a preschool that did not have an after-care program or daycare program. Some schools are good about separating the two, and others not so much. I don't need a dcp, I wanted a preschool program.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0166 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]