Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Test test and more test
Mason's Mum
  Posted: Mar 20 2006, 04:06 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,330

Has anyone on here had to go through tests on there little ones for Cystic Fibrosis??

Mason has been a poorly baby ever since being born just constantly cold after cold and so on i have been getting so fed up with the doctors just pumping him with paracetamol and getting no where. anyway took him to the hospital and now they want to test him for cystic fibrosis???!!! i have looked it up and done research on it but just wanted to know has anyone else had this experience and how did things work out???

Just seems like its one thing after another and to top it off its took thins to happen for his dad to start caring about his son???!!!

--------------------
Lilypie Baby Ticker

PMEmail Poster
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Mar 20 2006, 04:31 AM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

Gosh, that's no fun. What kind of tests are they thinking of doing?
Katherine was really small according to the growth charts and we saw hormone people, heart specailists and I'm pretty sure we had her tested for CF. After all of that, they came up with nothing, she's just a small kid.

Refresh my memory, what kind of tests are they thinking of doing?

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
amymom
Posted: Mar 20 2006, 05:18 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

QUOTE (Mason's Mum @ Mar 20 2006, 07:06 AM)
Has anyone on here had to go through tests on there little ones for Cystic Fibrosis??

I have never had the tests done on my children. However, I used to work for a pediatrician who specialized in working with children with CF. Are they doing a sweat test? Usually that is the first test they do for CF. Then maybe genotyping. There are many, many advances in CF in recent years. Please let us know how he is doing.

When are the tests to be done?

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN

siblingtoolivia
Posted: Mar 20 2006, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 3,129

Know about the sweat test, girlfriend's daughter had it done, had alot of breathing problems, turned out she had bad refulx and was aspirating into her lungs.....all turned out well. I guess the sweat test tests for the amount of salt in their sweat....high salt is a sign of CF?? Something like that.....in the end, she is three now and perfectly fine......she was always sick for the first year and a half....hang in there...

Sending prayers your way.

--------------------
Christine, wife to Dave 9/29/01, Mom to Olivia 6/7/02 and Baby to Be 12/28/06

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
PMEmail Poster
carolyn
Posted: Mar 20 2006, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,432

I don't know much about CF, but everything will be fine. You and Mason will be in my prayers. Let us know about the tests.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Mason's Mum
Posted: Mar 23 2006, 02:16 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,330

Yes its the sweat test which they are doing had to wait 7 weeks for the appointment though its the 3rd May, they said that it will take a few hours to collect the sweat from him as babies dont tend to produce it is the same way we do...... sleep.gif

To top it off Craig now wants to come with us which means me having to spend time with the man who has been the worse thing ever to happen to me bawling.gif

Mason has been poorly ever since being born its cold after colds and he is also Lactos Intolerant wacko.gif

will let you know how it goes xx

--------------------
Lilypie Baby Ticker

PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Mar 23 2006, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I'm sorry to hear all that, KUP. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
ashtonsmama
Posted: Mar 26 2006, 03:03 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I'm so sorry you guys have to go through all that...never heard of tests on babies for CF. Good luck, you and your little guy will be in my prayers.
(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0384 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]