Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I almost hate to suggest it... but, could we have a loss forum?
+Zemirah+
Posted: May 15 2003, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

Perhaps, if it is needed in the future by moms who are here... maybe they will feel no hesitation to stay here instead of going elsewhere to find a loss board, if they can have one here. I would like to see it -- I know there is a loss board at one other site I frequent and it helps me so very much. The things people come in and share -- even just things like, "my friend lost her baby last year; should I send a Mothers' Day card?", or "my mom told me she had a baby before me and I never knew it..." are all important things to share, ya know? I am amazed at how many people from my November EC lost babies early in the pregnancy, just as I lost Naomi, and I have one good online friend who was due one day after me, who found out she lost her baby right after I found out, whose baby died at about the same gestation (within days of one another) and who had a D and C at exactly the same time in the morning even the day I had mine! (it was actually scarey to be going through such extremely similar things, point by point... and she and I have grown quite close because of our shared losses). Anyway -- if it makes anyone uncomfortable to have a loss forum here, I understand -- I just thought I'd throw the idea out and see what anyone thinks smile.gif

--------------------
Blessings,
Zem

Loving all our many babies... 6 born into my arms and 4 born into Heaven from my womb
PM
CantWait
Posted: May 15 2003, 05:03 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

sounds like a really good idea to me Zem. Unfortunetly not everything in life is all good and sometimes we do need to talk about the bad....I'm glad that you're finding some help and comfort somewhere. Best Wishes.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
Mommieto2Girls
Posted: May 15 2003, 05:04 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 167

I think it's a great idea. smile.gif There are alot of women that need the support . If they had somewhere to post it might help them out alot.
PM

TLCDad
Posted: May 15 2003, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

Thanks for the suggestion. We have a list of new forums and will start adding them one by one in the next few weeks with a loss board being one of them.

What title/name should we give this forum? Please give all your suggestions. Also, do you think this should go under general forums or some other category (Pregnancy)?
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: May 15 2003, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I agree... I think it is a wonderful idea!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Mommieto2Girls
Posted: May 15 2003, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 167

I think it should go under pregnancy forums, and could be called "Pregnancy Loss", or "Loss of Your Child".
That's my suggestion.
PM
MomofTay&Sam
  Posted: May 15 2003, 07:21 PM
Quote Post

I can fish/make fire/be your friend! :)

Member No.: 171

Maybe angel in the title somewhere?

--------------------
Mommy to two wonderful boys!

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
supermom
Posted: May 16 2003, 04:53 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

I think it should go under General Forums because you can lose a child after birth as well as before or during. Just my 2cents.gif

Angels Among Us as a suggestion for the title.......

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
+Zemirah+
Posted: May 16 2003, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 51

Supermom, I think that is a lovely title, Angels Among Us. I agree too that it should be in the general forums, for the reason you state. The other board I visit, which has a loss board, calls their "Empty Arms" and is definitely geared to those who've lost a baby/child. But, I think it would be nice for anyone who has lost... anyone... to be free to come in and share and post about their loved one, no matter who it is, and receive loving responses, kwim?

I can't believe how you all and the women on the other boards I'm on (just a couple others wink.gif ) have helped me through my rough weeks -- I wish I had had such a support system all those years ago when I lost my other babes.

You all are wonderful folks.

wub.gif

--------------------
Blessings,
Zem

Loving all our many babies... 6 born into my arms and 4 born into Heaven from my womb
PM
angelhair
Posted: Sep 20 2003, 04:03 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 247

yes what a great dicision! I lost my baby at seven weeks the day after I had a ultrasound where everything was looking great with a nice strong heartbeat so it was a shhock to me. was posting under jan through april due date formal because I got to know some of the ladies in the beginning when I was preg and the projected due date was in april. what great support and encouragement I got there! angelhair!!

--------------------
png" border=0>baby
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Sep 20 2003, 04:28 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

I think it's a wonderful idea. I don't have a suggestion for a title though!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
CantWait
Posted: Sep 20 2003, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

I really this is a great idea and should be the next forum that is up and running. There's been so many loses lately, it would be a great place for them to talk about things.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
asharene
Posted: Mar 26 2004, 06:39 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 343

Can it be more general too - I am losing my mom, and there are the slow losses, such as a parent to Alzheimer's, that type of thing. I am very in the middle of the sandwich generation - caring for a child as well as a parent.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0178 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]