Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> feedings in AM problems
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Feb 28 2009, 08:14 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,245

Waylon has been sleeping ok at night (from about 11:30-5), but once he wakes up the first time to eat again, he wakes up every hour or so to eat until I finally just get up around 8:30. When he eats it isn't very much, so I'm wondering if he really needs to eat or what. He won't take a paci so that's not much of an option to try. I try to wake him up a good bit at first so he'll eat decent, but it doesn't work. He will eat probably a 1/4-1/2 of a normal feed and goes back to sleep.
While I'm enjoying the longer stretch at night of course, the morning time is killing me. I can't get any sleep after about 4:30-5 bc just as I'm getting back to sleep he's waking up again. He sleeps in our room still so he won't wake Will up, but I'm about ready to send him out into the hall! smile.gif
If it makes any difference he'll be 15 wks Tuesday and weighs about 14 lbs. now.
Any suggestions?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 2 2009, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I'd say he's "snacking" but can't really help you on how to deal with it. I went through that, but I just dealt with it until they finally grew out of it. happy.gif

hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Mar 2 2009, 07:31 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

I'm kind of getting the feeling it just is something he'll have to go through, unless I can eventually figure out a way to help him get passed it, I guess. biggrin.gif
Thanks though!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

sc_mom2five
Posted: Mar 2 2009, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 22,397

I know this is a touchy topic suggestion but I'm going to suggest it anyways... is he eating baby food yet or still just on formula?

When I had Laycie I breast fed her but she is slightly tongue-tied (just enough that she couldn't latch). I had to stop bfing her because she couldn't suck but I pumped for a little while. Then I went through some LONG days at drs and various other things... long story short I ended up losing my milk. After that we put Laycie on formula but she could never get satisfied. Tim kept saying "feed her". Well after about a week of her unhappiness and lack of sleep (this was in her first month) I broke down and added cereal to her bottle. (I had done this with Win and Emma as babies too but really thin for them.) At first I made it thin and she was a little happier but one nite Tim made it REALLY thick (a little runnier than jarred baby cereal). She slept ALL NITE LONG. She acted like she didn't like the taste though so then we added some fruit and she's eaten ever since. She's almost 11 mths now and she is eating toddler foods (and very well mite I add). I've always worried about the risks and when I told her drs I was feeding her they were concerned but after I explained more I was told I am the Mom and have to do what's best and it seemed to be working. wink.gif

So that's my suggestion... if you aren't feeding him food yet start. And if you are try adding some heavier things you feel he can handle. It should definitely stop the nighttime snacking. hug.gif

--------------------
~Dana~
Momma to Rebekah, Chelsea, Winston, Emmalee & Laycie
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Mar 2 2009, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Thanks for the input... I actually started cereal (very runny) just a few days ago in the morning. He LOVES it! He even begs for food now when he sees us eating, little turkey! I am planning on thickening it up over the next week or so as he gets used to it. Just yesterday my DH gave him a little sweet potato souffle off his finger and you'd have thought he just ate the best thing in the world. laugh.gif He's certainly an eater just like his mom!
I think I may try a cereal feeding at night, too, to see if that will help.

ETA: He's strictly a BF baby, if that makes any difference.

This post has been edited by my2monkeyboys on Mar 2 2009, 11:31 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
sc_mom2five
Posted: Mar 2 2009, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 22,397

I think it made a difference for Laycie... when I had to stop bf her she acted like she was starving. I guess it's the nutrient difference. But sometimes they just need something solid in their stomachs to make them happy so they can rest (just like us). Every baby is different but I would definitely give it a try and hopefully it'll help out. Good luck!

--------------------
~Dana~
Momma to Rebekah, Chelsea, Winston, Emmalee & Laycie
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0138 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]