Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> when to start table food
boyohboyohboy
  Posted: May 18 2008, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,466

andrew is going to be 9 months old at the end of the month and I cant remember when to start table foods, like mashed potatoes and those little rice puffs that gerber has???
Jakob of course never got to the stage of eating foods, and its been 6 yrs since caleb did it..I am on the stage 2 right now, only because I am not sure when to move him up.
he eats lots...and doesnt show any signs of allergies. we started him on soy yogurt this week and no reactions. so i am hoping he is good to go.
we have done all the veggies and fruits, i refuse to feed him that disgusting meat in a jar...
i also think we are going to not use cows milk on him and just stick with soy..

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
my2monkeyboys
Posted: May 19 2008, 05:24 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

Once he was able to sit up really well and feed himself, I started cheerios, gerber puffs, that sort of thing. Once he started reaching for/acted interested in table foods I would give him that too. Of course just mashed up things like potatoes and smooshed peas - anything that would fall under the 'stage 3' baby food category. I stayed away from dairy and honey, of course, but I think giving them foods they are interested in when they show interest is important to encouraging good eating later on.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: May 19 2008, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

Aiden was on all table food by 6 months, Tanner was on all table food by 10 months. When I say "all table food", I mean they didn't get "baby" food anymore, only table food. They both were not big on baby food at all. Usually kids are off of baby food by the time they hit 1 year unless there are some medical issues standing in the way. I would introduce him to them now, so by that time rolls around he will be all set to go. smile.gif

Foods the boys did really well with starting out were...bananas (cut up of course), peas, baby mum-mum bars, strawberries, blueberries, green beans, corn, and cheerios.

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM

My2Beauties
Posted: May 20 2008, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

QUOTE (Boo&BugsMom @ May 19 2008, 10:58 AM)
Aiden was on all table food by 6 months, Tanner was on all table food by 10 months. When I say "all table food", I mean they didn't get "baby" food anymore, only table food. They both were not big on baby food at all. Usually kids are off of baby food by the time they hit 1 year unless there are some medical issues standing in the way. I would introduce him to them now, so by that time rolls around he will be all set to go. smile.gif

Foods the boys did really well with starting out were...bananas (cut up of course), peas, baby mum-mum bars, strawberries, blueberries, green beans, corn, and cheerios.

Ditto I always started around then too, maybe with Aubrey she was more like 8 months because she didn't act as interested as Hanna was, but I'd say @ 9 months it's a good time to start introducing him.

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0126 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]