Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> immune systems...
mummy2girls
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 12:55 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

I have a question... Marcus's immune system sucks POO!!! I guess according to his mom he has always caught anything that crossed his path. And then he would get it waaaay worse! Well after taking care of me and then taking care of jenna while i was in bed( she has a cold too) he is at work and now starting to feel ILL. he has a sore throat and his sore throat always turns into laryngitis. And his colds last at least a few days of heck.. And what do i mean by heck? OOOH I SICK! OOOH POOOOOP! OOOOH CRUD!!! OOOOOOH FUDGE!!!! annoys me to no end but its something i try to get through as i love the guy! I know his immune system needs to build up and will being he is around kids at school that have germs and diseases and here at the dayhome as well. As the dayhome is full of snotty kids right now:(

What could I give him to try to boost this immune system of his? Cold FX? Has anyone tried it? does it truely work? viatmins daily maby? Please help save me from a big 31 year odl baby! LOL

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
momofone
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Be Kind

Member No.: 11,030

fruits and veggies all the vitamins in them help alot. happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Sorry, no ideas here just hugs. I too catch everything due to my hypothyroidism. It sucks big time but it is just something I have come to live with. Heres hoping he gets over it quick. hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN

amymom
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

There is a teacher at school who swears by Airborne.

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 01:22 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

deffinalty more vit C also there is yougert that helps build iminutiy (oh I cant spell it LOL) I am out of it but I was drinking it everyday for a long time and always felt better. I went off of it when I got a stomach virus, but I plan on getting more when I go to the store.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 04:26 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

he needs to take 1000 milligrams of vit. C a day, and/or a man daily vitamin. And whenever he STARTS to get sick he needs to take his regular vitamins along with Airborne, and also make sure he eats healthy also exercise will help.

This post has been edited by alyssa'smommy on Feb 11 2008, 04:26 PM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

Stephen used to get any and everything. He got allergy tested and lo and behold he's allergic to everything under the sun. He takes allergy shots and is SO MUCH healthier now.

Terri~intertesting about the hypothyroidism compromising your immune system. I know it's in the umbrella of autoimmune diseases but I've never heard it compromises general immunity to disease. Luckily, I rarely catch anything and usually get over it quick. Hope that continues. Mine's been very well regulated by synthroid though, maybe that's the key?

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

QUOTE (amymom @ Feb 11 2008, 04:17 PM)
There is a teacher at school who swears by Airborne.

I have to tell you that I started taking that this year since I see 1000 kids a week at school. I've only caught one minor cold.

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 08:37 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

Having been around sick people much of my adult career, I used to get sick all of the time. Two years ago I started to take Zicam as soon as I started to feel a cold coming on and it's helped a lot. I tried Airborne and found it didn't do squat. I also take a multi-vitamin every day and hit the fluids hard when I have a cold. I don't know whether any one thing helps or whether all of them in combination work.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Nina J
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 09:10 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 3,398

Does he take a multi-vitamin every day? If he doesn't, maybe you could get him one.

And orange juice, with breakfast. Plus, just make sure he gets all the right vitamins and everything. Lots of vegetables, lean red meat for iron, calcium. And fish, for Vitamin D, because the body needs vitamin D to absorp calcium. You get it from sunlight, too.

And sleep. 8 or more hours a night, your body needs it. It's hard to get enough sleep sometimes, I know, but I aim to get at least one 8 + hours night in a week. More if I can..

But yeah, I think if Marcus gets the right nutrients daily, isn't run down and drinks plenty of water, his immune system should pick up.

--------------------
Nina, Mama to Emily Kate, Odessa Jean & Aysun Aleisha.
PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 04:29 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

I'm a zicam believer too. Airbore tastes like pooo! ( he may whine about that laugh.gif I would!)

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
lisar
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 05:45 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

I have aways had the same problem with Lexi. Her imunne system is horrible. I give her a daily vitamin and also daily I give her an extra dose of Vitamin C. It helps ALOT...
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Have him eat anitoxidant rich foods like blueberries and broccoli (dark green leafy veggies). This will help. Also, like others said, take at least 1000 mg of Vitamin C a day. I have been taking the Emergen-C drink every other day (if you buy the Lite version, it's more natural than their regular (less sugar) and tastes way better than Airborne IMO), on top of taking a multi daily, plus vitamin B complex and calcium. And I haven't been sick in a while, knock on wood. Plenty of rest and exercise helps too!

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
mummy2girls
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

QUOTE (Nina J @ Feb 12 2008, 12:10 AM)

And sleep. 8 or more hours a night, your body needs it. It's hard to get enough sleep sometimes, I know, but I aim to get at least one 8 + hours night in a week. More if I can..

LOL.. sorry this sentence had me rolling in the isles. Marcus goes to bed every nightduring week nights at 930pm-1000pm. and on weekends no later than 1130-1200. He sleeps 8 hours+ a night and OMG dont get me started on weekend mornings... I alweays get up with jenna he never lets me sleep in EVER! his excuse.. I never heard her wake up...LOL. 16 months into our relationship and he staill hasnt been able to "hear " her...LOL.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0220 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]