Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> pink eye
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Sep 28 2006, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

I think Wesley may have pink eye. He woke up this morning with watery green guck around his right eye. The white of his eye is a bit blood-shot and the rim underneath the eye is red. What should I do? Should I take him to the ped right away or see if it clears up on it's own? I'm also noticing a bit of eczyma behind his legs...just a few dry rough patches. Are they related? Wil had eczyma, but only on his face. And I used Aquaphor to clear it up.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Sep 28 2006, 07:54 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

i would call the Ped and ask if they want to see you for it. Pink eye spreads so easily, if that is what it is.
PM
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Sep 28 2006, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

Take him right away before anyone else in the house gets it. It's very contagious. They will probably give you eye drops. Usually it's not contagious after 24 hours of meds. Until then, try not to let him touch his eyes or it will spread to others he comes in contact with, or wherever he leaves his germs from his eyes (shopping cartsm etc.). Better to be safe than sorry, especially when dealing with something contagious.

This post has been edited by TannerBugsMom on Sep 28 2006, 10:52 AM

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0124 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]