Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What could this be?
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 26 2006, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 788

Sometime in the middle of last week Andrew started getting diarrhea. wacko.gif The poor baby has had a diaper rash from it for days. sad.gif We thought it was from the change in his diet - we were eating a lot of sandwich meat and hot dogs and other camping food that he's probably not used to plus we ate out a couple times - but we've been home for a couple days and he's still got it. sad.gif Plus, on saturday evening after we got home I started getting it (blush.gif) and now today I still have it worse than Andrew does. blink.gif If it's a bug it's lasting awfully long. unsure.gif No one else on our trip got it either so that's weird. I'm a little worried because I'm having a hard time drinking enough fluids because it makes my morning sickness worse to have lots of water or juice sloshing around in my stomach - I don't want to get dehydrated. wacko.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Jun 26 2006, 02:18 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

It could be the rotavirus. We had it a while back and the only symptom was diarrhea - I had it for a day, Brooke for 3-4 days, and Madison for 10 days before it went away.

hug.gif I hope you both start feeling better soon.
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Jun 26 2006, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

hug.gif Whatever it is I hope it clears up soon. Can you try sprite or coke instead of juice or water until you feel better, just to stay semi-hydrated with the m/s?
PMEmail Poster

~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 28 2006, 07:42 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

Hmm I didn't think of rotavirus, I wonder if that was it. Andrew seems to be fine now and I'm feeling a lot better. I guess we must have picked whatever it was up at the campground or numerous public bathrooms along the way - now there's a yucky thought. puke.gif wacko.gif

Oh and Monica for some reason I was able to tolerate coke and 7-up better than water. dunno.gif Not the best form of fluids but whatever works I guess. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by ~Roo'sMama~ on Jun 28 2006, 07:43 AM

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
DVFlyer
Posted: Jun 28 2006, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Just a man

Member No.: 1,368

Glad to hear things are better. FTNT (my new acronym: For the next time smile.gif ), if there is no fever, I would let it run it's course. If there is a high fever, I would call the Ped.

--------------------
Convincing the world that the only way to solve the ongoing issues while raising children is PERSISTENCE. You have to keep trying things and not give up........ they eventually go away on their own. ;-)
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jun 28 2006, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

Actually, when you have a virus of this nature, 7-up or Sprite is better for you. wink.gif Even for Andrew. Why? you ask. Because there are more calories and you need all the calories you can get b/c your body isn't holding on to much. You also need to eat a lot of saltine crackers (salty foods) so you can retain some of that fluid. wink.gif I made the mistake of giving Ethan water when he was sick like this and he got dehydrated. I asked the nurse why and this is what she told me. wink.gif Water really does nothing for you when you are this sick.

Hope you both feel better soon. hug.gif I'm sorry you guys got sick. sad.gif What a way to end a vacation. My kids always get runny stools when we are away from home. I don't know why, but we always come home with a diaper rash. unsure.gif
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jun 28 2006, 09:55 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

time to carry lysol or anti-bacterial wips with you and some hand sanatizer. I carry wipes and hand stuff. Public bathrooms well.... I always wipe down things for Kait, and she washes her hands and sometimes hand sanitizer after.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jun 28 2006, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Jun 28 2006, 12:17 PM)
Actually, when you have a virus of this nature, 7-up or Sprite is better for you. wink.gif Even for Andrew. Why? you ask. Because there are more calories and you need all the calories you can get b/c your body isn't holding on to much.

When I lived in the old age home all of last year... the medical and nursing staff would give flat ginger ale with a pinch of salt in it to the clients on hot days and when they were a little. The ginger in the flat ginger ale would settle their stomachs...and the salt would help to retain fluids.

cool.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Jun 28 2006, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

chances are if you have roto you know it. it is the stinkest stuff! puke.gif i hope you feel better!
PM
ZandersMama
Posted: Jun 29 2006, 08:33 AM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

ginger ale is the only thing that works for me when im feeling yucky sad.gif hope you feel better soon

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0188 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]