Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Today is hard.
youngmomofone
Posted: May 24 2010, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,218

day 4 of weight watchers and today is my first hard day. I am craving fried chicken (really? I don't hardly eat that huh.gif ), and soda, and just basically anything "bad."

I hope i can push through this and make good choices all day

--------------------
Mom to: CJ 7.03, Alexis 10.09, Taylin 5.11, and Emma and Issac 4.12.
Expecting our last baby Liam Jacob in April 2013.

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: May 24 2010, 08:05 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!! thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
youngmomofone
Posted: May 24 2010, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

thank you!! I did do it! It was easy after I got myself busy. I think that's going to be the key for my weightloss success. I spent years just sitting around the house doing nothing, and I know that's the main reason why I never lost the pregnancy weight from my first after almost 7 years, and then added a little bit more.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

PrairieMom
Posted: May 24 2010, 01:45 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

you can do it!
Go watch super size me, food inc. and the future of food. It will cure you of all your bad cravings. wink.gif
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: May 24 2010, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (youngmomofone @ May 24 2010, 04:41 PM)
thank you!! I did do it! It was easy after I got myself busy. I think that's going to be the key for my weightloss success. I spent years just sitting around the house doing nothing, and I know that's the main reason why I never lost the pregnancy weight from my first after almost 7 years, and then added a little bit more.

Good for you!!!! thumb.gif Pay close attention to the times you DO want food or focus too much on it. I tend to eat more when I'm at work and don't feel like working or don't have much work to do. tongue.gif The other times I tend to overeat is when I'm stressed. rolleyes.gif So I try to keep myself busy at those times. Helps sometimes other times I just overeat. tongue.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
youngmomofone
Posted: May 25 2010, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ May 24 2010, 04:45 PM)
you can do it!
Go watch super size me, food inc. and the future of food. It will cure you of all your bad cravings. wink.gif

Lol. I am tempted to watch those, but Idk if I can.

I start up my online classes again in July, so that will keep me busy. I was supposed to start up again in January, but with everything that was going on, I had to stop. I transferred from University of Phoenix to DeVry to finish out a few courses. Once I do, I will transfer to the university here and either go into nutrition or nursing. The point of telling you ladies this, is because I will be extra busy studying, so hopefully that will help me keep going.

I am keeping this secret from both our families. Only dh and you ladies knows that I'm doing this. We don't see our families too often, so it will be easy to not say anything. We probably won't see dh's family until the holidays so my goal is to lose about 50 pounds by then. They joke about dh's weight, who weighs less than I do, so me being self conscious thinks they are also taking a jab at me making me feel horrible without them knowing it. I see my parents maybe once a month, and I just hate still being big every time I see them..especially since my dad just lost a lot of weight by just not drinking better any more (30+ pounds, are you kidding me?).

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
youngmomofone
Posted: May 25 2010, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ May 24 2010, 08:23 PM)
QUOTE (youngmomofone @ May 24 2010, 04:41 PM)

Good for you!!!! thumb.gif Pay close attention to the times you DO want food or focus too much on it. I tend to eat more when I'm at work and don't feel like working or don't have much work to do. tongue.gif The other times I tend to overeat is when I'm stressed. rolleyes.gif So I try to keep myself busy at those times. Helps sometimes other times I just overeat. tongue.gif

over eating is a major problem with me especially when it comes to pasta. I LOVE pasta, and I hate to think that 2oz is all I can get LMAO. I just have to accept that this is the way it is, and will be for the rest of my life tongue.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: May 25 2010, 12:32 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

You can do this... and even after doing it for a while you will still want to do bad... yesterday i ate two reeses cups (5 points btw) and a cheese danish thing (also 5 points) so for dinner I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich (3 points with reduced fat peanut butter, sugar free jelly and 40 cal bread which is one point for two slices).
Are you doing the momentum program? how many points do you have a day?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
lesliesmom
Posted: May 26 2010, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 2,484

Not sure this will help, but when my husband went through weight watchers and he had those cravings or times when he really wanted to splurge he would use those Listerine Breath Strips. Melt one in your mouth and supposedly it helps curb the craving plus you don't want to lose that minty-fresh feeling... I also break down his snacks into individual serving baggies (and mark the point value on it) so he can grab one at those times!

Good luck!

--------------------
<<!-- Facebook Badge START -->Carrie Adams | Create Your Badge
<!-- Facebook Badge END -->
PMEmail PosterAOL
youngmomofone
Posted: May 29 2010, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (A&A'smommy @ May 25 2010, 03:32 PM)
You can do this... and even after doing it for a while you will still want to do bad... yesterday i ate two reeses cups (5 points btw) and a cheese danish thing (also 5 points) so for dinner I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich (3 points with reduced fat peanut butter, sugar free jelly and 40 cal bread which is one point for two slices).

Yes, Im doing the momentum. I have 33 points during the day, which sometimes is a little hard to meet.

I lost 4 freakin ounces this week. dry.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: May 29 2010, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

QUOTE (youngmomofone @ May 29 2010, 10:14 AM)
QUOTE (A&A'smommy @ May 25 2010, 03:32 PM)

Yes, Im doing the momentum. I have 33 points during the day, which sometimes is a little hard to meet.

I lost 4 freakin ounces this week. dry.gif

At least you lost thumb.gif better than gaining, which it what i am managing to do, even while breast feeding. rolleyes.gif
PM
youngmomofone
Posted: May 29 2010, 09:25 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Yeah, it's good that I lost, but I'm being a little hard on myself. I want to drop 20 pounds before school starts again at least, so Im hoping next week's weigh in will show some improvement.

I have my meals planned out and still have about 13 points left so idk what I'm going to do. that includes snacks as well. maybe I should throw a tbsp of peanut butter and have a slice of snack cheese that isn't low fat (7g for a lil square) to help it out some.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Marissa
Posted: Aug 31 2010, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,126

QUOTE (youngmomofone @ May 24 2010, 07:58 AM)
day 4 of weight watchers and today is my first hard day. I am craving fried chicken (really? I don't hardly eat that huh.gif ), and soda, and just basically anything "bad."

I hope i can push through this and make good choices all day

The beginning often seems the hardest. When DH and I decided to remove soda from our diets we starting losing weight. Granted, we used to drink loads of soda, especially when we watched movies or TV. It was a bad habit and we were able to cut it out of our lives. I was a Mountain Dew junkie and since I quit drinking all that caffeine, I feel like I've been sleeping better too!
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0130 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]