Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Shouldn't the scale be moving?
MommyToAshley
  Posted: Apr 13 2006, 04:48 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

DH and I have worked out at the Y almost every day these past two weeks. I've been eating pretty healthy/light too, with the exception of yesterday. So... shouldn't the scale be moving in the right direction? I've been at this same plateau for over two months. I thought for sure that I just needed to add some physical excercise to my routine. I do notice that my waist is trimmmnig down and my thighs and behind are tightening up... so I am happy about that. But, it would be nice to see the scale move as well. happy.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
ediep
Posted: Apr 13 2006, 04:58 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

maybe you are gaining muscle too. Just keep up what you are doing.

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Apr 13 2006, 04:59 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

It doesn't always move, but if you are working out you will notice the difference in inches, not weight. wink.gif It's frustrating, I know. wacko.gif This is the reason I'm not weighing myself. There are way too many fluctuations that discourage me. I know I'm doing everything right. For the longest time I thought I wanted to be a certain 'weight' and not 'size.' Now I've changed my thinking on that. I will probably hover around 150 forever, but I keep losing inches and I'm fine with that. happy.gif And I'm so happy with how I look.

Give it some time and I bet you will see the scale move...although it may not move a lot b/c you are building muscle right now. Muscle is GOOD for so many reasons. It burns fat, calories and it is LEAN, but it does weigh a lot. That's the most frustrating part. I think the fact that you aren't losing anything right now shows what a great job you are doing at strength training. thumb.gif

Hang in there. We are in this together. hug.gif

*Karen posted a link a few days ago...check out that website. It has some REALLY useful information on it. thumb.gif I think it will help lift your spirits. I know it did mine.
PMEmail Poster

booey2
Posted: Apr 13 2006, 05:05 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

Hi Dee, also when you start to work out your body holds onto some of the water you are taking in to cushion your muscles for the first little while so that you don't hurt them, once you continue to workout at that level it will release the extra water because your muscles have gotten used to the extra work. HTH. Hang in there it will happen. Kudos for working out with DH - now I have to work on my DH and get him moving.

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Italianhuney
Posted: Apr 13 2006, 05:09 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,421

I wouldn't worry about it... last year I lost almost 50 lbs and i'll tell you the first two months i was getting so frusterated... the scale wasn't moving, i guess your body is just figuring out what is going on and soon enough the lbs will start rolling off before you know it! so hang in there ur doing great!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Apr 13 2006, 05:19 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

frustrating huh. make sure your drinking plently of water and snacking to make up for the extra buring of calories to keep your metabolisum.

and congrats to both of you for working out.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 13 2006, 05:24 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I plateau'ed BIG TIME when I started working out but don't fret it WILL go down. It just takes time.

Here's Why The Scale Lies

hug.gif Inches are good and noticeable improvements in your body are good too, but as this all continues to happen the scale HAS to come down. I have never lost lots of inches and the scale not go down. Don't get discouraged. It WILL happen. hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 13 2006, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

hug.gif Thanks. I am not going to let this frustration get to me. I think I will put the scale away for awhile... if I can do that. It's funny, before I got PG, I never owned a scale. Now I am obsessed with it.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Apr 13 2006, 06:47 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Same here. wink.gif I hope you are able to put it away and just focus on exercising and improving your health. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0163 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]