Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I'm stuck in a rut. Is it a bad rut?
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I've always been stuck on wearing black like every day because I feel slimmer in it. Now I'm stuck on browns and blacks. A friend of mine commented to me that I ALWAYS where browns and blacks. Well I thought that was good because I was always wearing blacks before. tongue.gif I think I'm more into the browns now than blacks. Is this a bad rut to be in? I mean I try to add a color with it, but a lot of times I just like wearing black or brown. Like for instance today I'm wearing caramel colored dress pants, a long brown sweater with a brown waist belt and brown heeled boots. Yesterday I wore dark chocolate dress pants with a black dress shirt, black sweater and black heeled boots. Think I'm stuck on boots too. happy.gif Am I really that boring? Anyone else?

ETA: You know I think I got into the browns because a couple of months ago I went darker with my hair color. A more deep chocolate brown color, but still two shades lighter than my natural color. Hmmm, that must be why.

This post has been edited by coasterqueen on Jan 24 2007, 07:46 AM

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I usually wore a black, blue or navy suit when I worked in an office. Now, I wear all different colors, but in the winter I tend to go with the browns as well.

It might be fun to mix it up every now and then, but I tend to think the darker colros seem more professional in an office as well. Maybe I am just boring too?

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Jan 24 2007, 11:02 AM)
I usually wore a black, blue or navy suit when I worked in an office. Now, I wear all different colors, but in the winter I tend to go with the browns as well.

It might be fun to mix it up every now and then, but I tend to think the darker colros seem more professional in an office as well. Maybe I am just boring too?

You know that very well could be the issue here. Everyone I see is always wearing black, brown, and navy - especially in the fall/winter months. I occasionally see women wear red suits in blah months and I definitely see a lot of cream and white suits during the spring/summer months but those colors just don't look well on me. And quite frankly if I wore cream or white suits I'd be freaked out all day wondering if I got anything on my arse or if my underwear was showing. I never figured out how those women wear those white/cream suits because you can see their underwear. huh.gif And thank god I've never seen a woman wear a thong with one. blush.gif Not that I'm staring, but it's pretty obvious. blush.gif blush.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 08:21 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

I must be also, I to wear ALOT of black. I do play in colors when I have on black pants, I just feel better in dark pants. I am also in the process of weading out my closet I have alot I dont even wear, some to big some to small.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
HuskerMom
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 7,388

I would say just wear whatever is comfortable with you. You can add color with little things like jewelry or nail polish and stuff like that smile.gif

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

QUOTE (keithsmom @ Jan 24 2007, 11:49 AM)
I would say just wear whatever is comfortable with you. You can add color with little things like jewelry or nail polish and stuff like that smile.gif

I was going to say the same thing...Maybe add a little color with your accessories. Like maybe a red jeweled necklace with an all black outfit. Or pearls with a brown v-neck sweater. I always wore black and dark blues in the office. It's easy to mix and match when you don't have a lot of time in the mornings and a tight budget, which I did. I would sometimes add in color with my tops, but stuck to mostly brown and black shoes and pants. Don't beat yourself up over it! Maybe throw in color for the weekends! Or for work parties!

If you look in my closet, I stick to mostly browns these days or aqua colors. I just think they are the best colors on me. A few years ago, I wore a lot of red, but now I HATE the color on me. It's funny, color choice changes...so I'm sure you'll change it up in a year or so!

Edited for spelling! unsure.gif

This post has been edited by mysweetpeasWil&Wes on Jan 24 2007, 01:16 PM

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 01:33 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

I think what you have been wearing sounds very nice!!

I love brown and black, too. I also love orange. happy.gif Aqua is a great color to pair with brown and black and it looks good on anyone. thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 03:28 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I love wearing browns together, one of my favorite outfits right now is a pair of camel pants, camel sweater, and the same tone of boots. I love it too because anything, any tiny little bit of color, I think really stands out with those neutrals. And who doesn't feel skinnier in black? laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0139 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]