Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Thumb sucking
lovingmylife
Posted: Jan 10 2010, 06:24 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,920

My 3 year old always suckedher thumb but it was only while she slept never while she was awake , the past month she started sucking all the time , what can I do to get her out of this ? I dont understand why she is getting worse with it .
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Jan 10 2010, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

I don't know why she is worse, but you can try taping a mitten over her hand, that might help.
thats whats gonna happen to my 3 year old if she doesn't learn to keep her finger out of her nose. rolleyes.gif
PM
MommytoKKC
Posted: Jan 10 2010, 10:35 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 20,506

Good luck. My daughter started sucking her thumb from the time she was four months old. Like yours, she pretty much only did at naps and bedtime. Then, starting in K, she was doing it all the time. She even tries to talk with her thumb in her mouth. I tried putting yucky tasting stuff on her thumb, she just sucked it off. So now my rule is, only sucking when sleeping. If I see her doing it, I tell her to stop. It's a horrible habit to break. And I'm probably not mean enough about it smile.gif
PMEmail Poster

lovingmylife
Posted: Jan 10 2010, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Good luck.  My daughter started sucking her thumb from the time she was four months old.  Like yours, she pretty much only did at naps and bedtime.  Then, starting in K, she was doing it all the time.  She even tries to talk with her thumb in her mouth.  I tried putting yucky tasting stuff on her thumb, she just sucked it off.  So now my rule is, only sucking when sleeping.  If I see her doing it, I tell her to stop.  It's a horrible habit to break.  And I'm probably not mean enough about it smile.gif

Yes this is what worries me and she will start school this sept coming .
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Jan 10 2010, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

my dd bites her nails and her big incentive to stop is nail polish. i told her i will only make her nails pretty if she stops biting for a whole week. hth.

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
lovingmylife
Posted: Jan 10 2010, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (kimberley @ Jan 10 2010, 03:13 PM)
my dd bites her nails and her big incentive to stop is nail polish. i told her i will only make her nails pretty if she stops biting for a whole week. hth.

That may work she does love pretty nail hubby hates it but if it stops a pail pink I see nothing wrong with thanks
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0093 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]