Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Help!!!!, For those of you w kids close together
grapfruit
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,476

Omg. Please tell me this will get easier soon. Isabelle is NOT adjusting well at ALL. Screaming w no way to make it better except hold her. Biting (me mostly). If she gets close to Liam she tries to hit. Doing things she's not suppose to do (and knows it). She's only 13 months. So I know she doesn't get it. But I can't hold her and nurse him at the same time. And the biting!! how can I get her to stop??? I know there's no easy answer but time but I want my happy girl back. sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
luvbug00
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

oh she gets it..She wants your full attention and her way of saying it is to bite you.
It's an adjustment, and it's gonna take time. The hard part here is Liams special needs with his blanket and such. you can and probably already set aside some Isa/mommy time.
Obviously talking isnt gonna get you very far.
when she touches him saying "liam loves isabelle" may be the most she will get. But it enforces the connection with the two of them.
here is an article i found. There are tons more.
The key here seems to be to just give her some QT with you and your hubby without baby both alone per parent and together without baby and with baby. maybe she will get then that this is a growing family not one where she is replaced. (which is not what you are doing but she doesn't understand that.
http://babyparenting.about.com/od/training/f/jealousy.htm

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 04:57 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

hug.gif It can be tough! I don't think I had it that bad with Andrew when Allie was born, but he was 20 months so maybe that helped a little. tongue.gif He did hit her a lot... just would walk up to her and bonk her in the head either with whatever was in his hand or just his hand. And he always wanted me to hold him when I was nursing Allie. I know it's hard, but the one thing I wish I had tried harder to do was put the baby down and hold him when he wanted me to. I tried to hold him a lot, but he was a SUPER cuddly boy before she was born, so it was a big change for him to not be the only one Mommy needed to hold. She was a pretty content baby and spent a lot of time in her bouncy seat or swing, so that helped. It will get better! hug.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

coasterqueen
Posted: Sep 15 2010, 06:23 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

((HUGS)) I didn't have any issues at all with my girls adjusting to each other until they got older. It was just a year or so ago when Kylie really started having issues with her younger sister. Before that there was never one that I recall.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Sep 15 2010, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

My boys are 18 months apart. When we bought andrew home from the hosp. Jakob wouldnt let me near him. If I did he cried and ran to his dad. He didnt want me to rock him or hold him and he hated andrew.
It took a good month until he let me get near him.
I think kids just have to find their own way. I kept involving him as much as I could, but he was to young to do more then fetch things. I also BF so he didnt help with feeding either.
It just works itself out.

hang in there

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0104 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]