Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Mark and I Had a Long Talk
Kirstenmumof3
  Posted: Feb 3 2010, 05:52 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

Mark and I had a long talk yesterday. And while I don't agree with a few of his decisions, it was very productive. When we were trying to get Emily to open her door, I told her that she could loose her cell phone for a week or a month, depending on whether or not she opened the door. Mark and I did not discuss what would happend to her phone privilages after her behavior once she did open the door and so she will get her cell phone back on Monday. He is also letting her use his iMac (the computer she changed the password on), on Sunday we agreed that all computer privileges were to be suspended. I don't agree with these decisions and feel that she should not be allowed to have her cell phone back on monday and her computer privileges should not have be given back so quickly. We made up the household rules, I bought stickers for Spencer and Claudia for their chore charts. We talked about the computer usage and I think he understands why I don't want the computers to be allowed in their room and the importance of having passwords on the computers and limiting there use. Mark took his work laptop (the one that Emily had been using, more like took down to her room and didn't plan to give it back) back to work and it is going to stay there. I explained to him from the beginning that it is property of the Museum and didn't think that the kids should be using it. I think he finally got it. There are still some things that need to be ironed out, but it overall it was very productive.

I'm so glad that we were able to talk without the kids present. thumb.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 3 2010, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I'm glad you two were able to talk and come to some common ground. hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Feb 3 2010, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,561

thumb.gif Sounds like a great first step. I hope you can continue to make some progress.
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0110 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]