Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> i give up.
luvbug00
  Posted: May 29 2008, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,984

I'm sure you all remember Daviana. my "bf" who gave me Heck durring my wedding planning. The nightmare MOH. rolleyes.gif Anyway she finally settled on her wedding location for her nuptials. St. John USVI.
Great smile.gif
One problem. there is no way i can afford or will be able to afford to go. She says for me to "save up ___"!
So i wrote her a note. basically it says i'm glad she got a location finally because it was causing stress between her and her fiancee. Secound i Hope she has a party here too and no matter what i'll be at her beck and call.
But she hasn't spoken to me in like 3 days now and i think she is mad. I think she's rude. This is the same woman who whined about spending $75 on her dress for my wedding ( after demanding i change it 3 times). She expects me to drop over a grand for her wedding? ( this not including dress and all that good stuff). we are trying to save for a new house and family growth in the next year or so and there is no way I'm going to take a financial setback if it can be avoided. had it been in va or ny like they origanally planned i would have gone. We have relitives there and i wouldn't have to have gotten a hotel in ny and here..well, we live here.
am i alone in thinking she is expecting too much??

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
kit_kats_mom
Posted: May 29 2008, 03:18 PM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

Nope. I think she's being rude and selfish. Even without considering how she was for you, I think it's just wrong to plan an off site wedding unless either you are planning to help with costs, have a small location wedding and then a local party for those who can't attend the regular ceremony, or unless you wait until everyone you know is settled down and working great jobs...still, it's a lot to ask of someone.

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
luvmykids
Posted: May 29 2008, 03:38 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

She reminds me of a former good friend of mine....when we were in college, I wasn't being supported by my parents, she was being fully supported by hers complete with an American Express card. When I couldn't decide on Thursday night to up and go to Vegas for the weekend, she'd get mad.

It sounds to me like she can't put herself in your shoes...it would be one thing for her to say "I know you can't afford it, I'm sorry that you'll miss it" that would be one thing, to be mad at you for it is another. I'm sure she desperately wants you there, and thats where it's stemming from, but it's an unrealistic expectation and it's her problem to deal with it, not yours hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster

A&A'smommy
Posted: May 29 2008, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

QUOTE (luvmykids @ May 29 2008, 06:38 PM)
It sounds to me like she can't put herself in your shoes...it would be one thing for her to say "I know you can't afford it, I'm sorry that you'll miss it" that would be one thing, to be mad at you for it is another. I'm sure she desperately wants you there, and thats where it's stemming from, but it's an unrealistic expectation and it's her problem to deal with it, not yours hug.gif hug.gif

I completely agree!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
MoonMama
Posted: May 29 2008, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 4,927

ohmy.gif That is just crazy! I can understand her wanting you to be there, I mean she should want you there. But if you can't you can't plain and simple and she should totally understand that. dry.gif hug.gif Especially knowing how hard you are working and everything going on. I'm sorry hun, that's really lousy of her. hug.gif
PM
msoulz
Posted: May 30 2008, 04:57 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

Weddings seem to tell who the real friends are and are not. I think you have your answer here. So sorry you have been treated this way. hug.gif

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0109 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]