Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Men! The things they think of.
coasterqueen
Posted: May 13 2008, 06:33 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Last night Ryan and I were slaving away trying to get everything out of the rooms, trim taken down, doors taken down, etc, etc to get ready for our flooring to be put in this Wednesday. We have a big mud sink in our mudroom and it's only used as a place to lay junk rolleyes.gif so we were thinking of putting a regular smaller bar sink there and a cabinet as it would get better use. So Ryan took the mud sink down, not only so they could tile the floor there, but because there is no use in putting it back up if someday (hopefully sooner rather than later happy.gif ) we'll put something else there. He then put the mud sink in the garage for now.

This morning we were in the garage talking and he said "Can I just hang that up on the wall and use it as a urinal?". laugh.gif rolleyes.gif I know he was joking, but I almost bet if he could have a urinal in his garage he would. Although we live in the country - our land is his "urinal" most of the time. rolleyes.gif rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: May 13 2008, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif I know how you feel. My dh and all his buddies have a joke that the bathroom is 3 steps to left behind the garage. I am serious. They never use the bathroom inside unless its for something else. If they come inside we know not to go in there for 30min or so.
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: May 13 2008, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (lisar @ May 13 2008, 09:41 AM)
rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif I know how you feel. My dh and all his buddies have a joke that the bathroom is 3 steps to left behind the garage. I am serious. They never use the bathroom inside unless its for something else. If they come inside we know not to go in there for 30min or so.

laugh.gif I know what you mean. I'm always warning Ryan NOT to pee on my bushes. rolling_smile.gif rolleyes.gif happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

lisar
Posted: May 13 2008, 07:17 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ May 13 2008, 09:45 AM)
QUOTE (lisar @ May 13 2008, 09:41 AM)
rolling_smile.gif  rolling_smile.gif I know how you feel. My dh and all his buddies have a joke that the bathroom is 3 steps to left behind the garage. I am serious. They never use the bathroom inside unless its for something else. If they come inside we know not to go in there for 30min or so.

laugh.gif I know what you mean. I'm always warning Ryan NOT to pee on my bushes. rolling_smile.gif rolleyes.gif happy.gif

the bad part is 3 steps to left behind the garage is the black berry bushes. I REFUSE to eat anything off of them. rolling_smile.gif I want them cut down anyways.
PMEmail Poster
DVFlyer
Posted: May 13 2008, 07:29 AM
Quote Post

Just a man

Member No.: 1,368

*dreaming* a bathroom in the garage........ what a wonderful thing that would be */dreaming* smile.gif

--------------------
Convincing the world that the only way to solve the ongoing issues while raising children is PERSISTENCE. You have to keep trying things and not give up........ they eventually go away on their own. ;-)
PMEmail Poster
TheOaf66
Posted: May 13 2008, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

The Alpha Male

Member No.: 3,764

As long as there is a drain in the garage that would be a great idea, it is not fun trying to pee outside in the middle of winter in the dark ya know.

--------------------
Troy, Married to Jennie (Boo&BugsMom), Dad to Tanner("Mini-Me") and Aiden ("Boo Boo").
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: May 13 2008, 09:33 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (TheOaf66 @ May 13 2008, 11:59 AM)
As long as there is a drain in the garage that would be a great idea, it is not fun trying to pee outside in the middle of winter in the dark ya know.

laugh.gif No, I wouldn't know, but I bet my husband would agree with you. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
TheOaf66
Posted: May 13 2008, 09:39 AM
Quote Post

The Alpha Male

tell him I give him thumb.gif for the idea and tell him to go ahead and do it.

--------------------
Troy, Married to Jennie (Boo&BugsMom), Dad to Tanner("Mini-Me") and Aiden ("Boo Boo").
PMEmail Poster
Twelve Volt Man
Posted: May 13 2008, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Lover of steak and beer

Member No.: 7,955

My brother-in-law owns his own plumbing company, so he got a good deal on a urinal. He has a large, four-car garage and is always working outside doing something or another, so he put the urinal in it. He hid it behind a couple privacy panels, so it isn't really visible. I thought it was pretty smart, since it keeps him from having to go inside when he's dirty. I was inspired, so I've mentioned to my wife that I should put a floor drain in front of my chair in the living room. I could then put a beer fridge next to me, and I'd never have to get up.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOL
coasterqueen
Posted: May 13 2008, 11:33 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (Twelve Volt Man @ May 13 2008, 02:19 PM)
My brother-in-law owns his own plumbing company, so he got a good deal on a urinal. He has a large, four-car garage and is always working outside doing something or another, so he put the urinal in it. He hid it behind a couple privacy panels, so it isn't really visible. I thought it was pretty smart, since it keeps him from having to go inside when he's dirty. I was inspired, so I've mentioned to my wife that I should put a floor drain in front of my chair in the living room. I could then put a beer fridge next to me, and I'd never have to get up.

rolling_smile.gif Oh my, my, my. I bet she would not go for that. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: May 13 2008, 11:45 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Let us know how that one goes.... rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
TheOaf66
Posted: May 13 2008, 11:45 AM
Quote Post

The Alpha Male

don't forget a little portable grill

I say just make a little hatch in your lazyboy that goes to a floor drain with a septic and everything. thumb.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
TeesaŽŠ
Posted: May 13 2008, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (TheOaf66 @ May 13 2008, 12:59 PM)

Remember that song "You Don't Mess Around With Jim" by Jim Croce?

"And they say you don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off an 'ole Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."

Make sure you're up-wind because peeing into the wind is narstier than spitting into it rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif
PM
Twelve Volt Man
Posted: May 13 2008, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

Lover of steak and beer

Member No.: 7,955

QUOTE (lisar @ May 13 2008, 02:45 PM)
My brother-in-law owns his own plumbing company, so he got a good deal on a urinal.  He has a large, four-car garage and is always working outside doing something or another, so he put the urinal in it.  He hid it behind a couple privacy panels, so it isn't really visible.  I thought it was pretty smart, since it keeps him from having to go inside when he's dirty.  I was inspired, so I've mentioned to my wife that I should put a floor drain in front of my chair in the living room.  I could then put a beer fridge next to me, and I'd never have to get up.

Due to building code restrictions, I've opted to get a large jug and a bell. When the jug is full, I'll ring the bell and she can come and empty it. I'll be putting an exhaust fan in the roof, to vent the grill that Troy suggested.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOL

TheOaf66
Posted: May 14 2008, 06:37 AM
Quote Post

The Alpha Male

QUOTE (Twelve Volt Man @ May 13 2008, 07:50 PM)
QUOTE (lisar @ May 13 2008, 02:45 PM)
My brother-in-law owns his own plumbing company, so he got a good deal on a urinal.  He has a large, four-car garage and is always working outside doing something or another, so he put the urinal in it.  He hid it behind a couple privacy panels, so it isn't really visible.  I thought it was pretty smart, since it keeps him from having to go inside when he's dirty.  I was inspired, so I've mentioned to my wife that I should put a floor drain in front of my chair in the living room.  I could then put a beer fridge next to me, and I'd never have to get up.

Due to building code restrictions, I've opted to get a large jug and a bell. When the jug is full, I'll ring the bell and she can come and empty it. I'll be putting an exhaust fan in the roof, to vent the grill that Troy suggested.

no law saying your man cave has to be the basement...set up camp right in the living room. thumb.gif

I will look at the exhaust fan when I come there for your funeral, after your wife kills you laugh.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0128 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]