Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Self Brag
TheOaf66
Posted: Dec 20 2007, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

The Alpha Male

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,764

I would hate to toot my own horn so everyone ask Jennie about the fan story....and then you will see why her DH is so awesome cool.gif thumb.gif

--------------------
Troy, Married to Jennie (Boo&BugsMom), Dad to Tanner("Mini-Me") and Aiden ("Boo Boo").
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Dec 20 2007, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

Oh Jennie tell us about the fan story please!!!
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Dec 20 2007, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

QUOTE (lisar @ Dec 20 2007, 09:04 AM)
Oh Jennie tell us about the fan story please!!!

Yeah we want to know!!
PMEmail Poster

luvmykids
Posted: Dec 20 2007, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Jennie, tell us about the fan story so we can toot Troys horn for him rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

I didn't see this until now! Troy just asked me if I had seen this thread and I had no idea what the "fan story" was until I asked him . Ah yes...ok...here it goes...

I generally sleep with a fan running. It drowns Troy's snoring out rather well laugh.gif and I like the white noise from it. Anyways, we went up north to visit my SIL and BIL and stayed at a Hilton hotel for the night. Well, normally hotel rooms have a heating/air conditioning unit that has a fan on it that you can turn on. The ones I have been to have at least. Well, this one didn't, and I didn't know about it until that night or else I would have brought my little fan with me.

Anyways...we all are in bed. Since the beds were really teeny (thanks Hilton dry.gif ) I slept with Tanner, Troy had his own bed, and Aiden in his pack-n-play. It was about 11pm and I start to hear Troy snore...loudly I might add. To make it worse Tanner is next to me snoring as well...along with Aiden making little snoring sounds from his crib. dry.gif rolleyes.gif I was literally surrounded by snoring!!! I could NOT fall asleep. So, I asked Troy to go ask the front desk manager is they had some sort of fan I could borrow. Well, he came back from asking and the guy said they didn't have one, which I believe is BS because you can't tell me in a huge hotel there is not one single fan they use for something.

Anyways, I tried to go back to sleep and I tossed and turned, and to make matters worse a wedding reception was taking place and the people in the hallways were absolutely loud and rude...this is midnight mind you. Another hour goes passed and I am still not asleep. mad.gif

Well, I notice Troy putting on his pants and coat. At first I thought he was so sick of me whining he was getting his own room. laugh.gif J/K. Actually, he told me he was going to Walmart (it was open 24 hours) to purchase me a fan so I could sleep. Probably to let him sleep too since I'd yell everytime I'd hear him snore to get him to stop. Now, mind you..I told him not to go and that I'd just suck it up. BUT, he was such a thoughtful husband that he went out at about 1am and went to purchase me a fan so I could get to sleep.

So there you have it. The fan story. This was just a couple weeks ago.

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
CantWait
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 05:30 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

That's cute! WTG Troy!! thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Aw, very sweet and thoughtful, Troy! wub.gif My DH won't go ANYWHERE at 1am for me rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Ahhh! Sweet

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

Troy...you're a good man!! Will you buy me a fan to drown out my husband's snoring? rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Dec 29 2007, 10:19 PM)
Troy...you're a good man!!  Will you buy me a fan to drown out my husband's snoring?  rolling_smile.gif

Ditto. emlaugh.gif

So sweet.

This post has been edited by Hillbilly Housewife on Dec 29 2007, 07:24 PM

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 07:29 PM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

I trained him well. rolling_smile.gif j/k wink.gif

Yes I have to say, he does spoil me like a princess often. That's why I keep him around. laugh.gif Ok, kidding again. Love you hun.

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
MommyToAshley
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 07:36 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Awwww, so sweet... you're a good DH, Troy! thumb.gif

Hmmmm, fan, I will have to try that. If I fall asleep before DH, then it's fine I can tune out his snoring. But, if he starts snoring before I am asleep, forget it, I am not getting any sleep that night.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Dec 29 2007, 09:36 PM)

Hmmmm, fan, I will have to try that. If I fall asleep before DH, then it's fine I can tune out his snoring. But, if he starts snoring before I am asleep, forget it, I am not getting any sleep that night.

That is exactly how I am! However, Troy also has a tendency to roll right into my ear and wake me up though. sleep.gif I'd be so lost without my fan. I made sure to buy one that was really loud too!!! laugh.gif I have that baby cranked up on the high speed and it's right by my head on the dresser next to the bed. biggrin.gif I have tried everything else including earplugs, and nothing works like my fan.

--------------------
PM

Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 07:53 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Dec 29 2007, 09:36 PM)

Same here. I usually kick him all night. It's been really bad lately b/c he is sick. sometimes, if he sleeps on his left side, with his back turned to me it's not so bad (for some reason) so I make him roll over all the time. He gets so frustrated. laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
Anthony275
Posted: Dec 29 2007, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

king

Member No.: 11,092

my walls are so thin, i have this problem too but i just cover my ears with both hands and fall asleep like that every night
PM
lovemy2
Posted: Dec 30 2007, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

I have to sleep with a fan on too - not because DH snores - cause for the most part he doesn't - lucky me and ONE check in the good column for DH but I too need the white noise just to fall asleep laugh.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0160 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]