Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> X-husband died, My nine year old daughter?
Jackie
  Posted: Mar 8 2004, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

He died 2/22/04, my daughter was very angry with him before he died. He made lots of promises that werent kept. I dont know how I am going to handle this, when he was here he never made things easy for us.
A&A'smommy
Posted: Mar 8 2004, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

Aww hun im so sorry for what you are going through! That must be a horrible situation for you, and you daughter. I don't have any advice for you but I can definiitly send you my hugs, and support! (((BIG HUGS))

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
booey2
Posted: Mar 9 2004, 06:02 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

Hugs to you and welcome to the board. I too can only offer hugs, not sure what else to say. dunno.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN

Julie (jem0622)
  Posted: Mar 9 2004, 06:25 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I am sorry to hear about your recent loss. But I do welcome you here. Losing a loved one is hard and there are certain stages that we all go through:

Pain
Anger
Denial
Acceptance

She may be in a certain spot for a while. The fact that her Dad died without her being able to get any apologies or resolution makes it difficult. I would highly recommend you get counseling for her. One on one. And when the counselor feels it is appropriate then you can both work through things together. She will get to a point where she can forgive her father for his transgressions...but it may take some time. And I think that once she can forgive him then she can be more at peace with her own life and self and move on. But I definitely think that she's going to need counseling.

I'm sure that there is a bit of relief for both of you because you don't have the drama/chaos/hurt that he caused. But it opens up a whole other realm because now you have this hole where that person was. Even if he wasn't a very good person, or had a dreadful way of communicating or treating others. He was capable of love.

Prayers for you both

Julie

coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 9 2004, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss and grouphug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Mar 9 2004, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

i am sorry for your loss and what you are going through. maybe taking grief counselling with your daughter will bring you two through this and make you even closer. she is probably feeling guilty for being so angry with her dad and would benefit from professional help. my thoughts and prayers are with you both. grouphug.gif grouphug.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0256 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]