Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Did not go so well, I was so blown away...
MomofTay&Sam
Posted: Oct 1 2003, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

I can fish/make fire/be your friend! :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 171

Taylor did not go to school yesterday, he had a migrane and school was for only 2 hours. I struggled all day about calling the principal(be she is new and didnt know if I would be starting something bad for Tay) These children have homework buddies, if a child is out someone gets the work and gets it to them or us them. Now I thought 2 hours of school, no homework?? Homework buddie called at 4:30 and said I have your homework. AF came yesterday and I said forget it! DH can pick it up. DH went at 7:30(after working12 hours) and they were not home. Ths is so rare, it was her DH's b-day and they went out to dinner. I told Tay to pass this info on to his teach today. Wires crossed and we just didnt get it. Thats fine right? The boys are let out of school, I was chatting with the mother of the homework buddy. We were saying how crazy yesterday was and so on. Her son comes running up and says Mr. Weinstein wants to talk to you. Taylor gets in the car and he motions to me to wait. He yelled at her up one side and down the other. "How dare you NOT deliver the homework" You had 8 hours to do it. (she told me this when he left me) So he comes to my car, I am irresponible and do I not care or just do I chose to be lazy? I said I was sick(AF) didnt say AF. He said there is NO reason why you couldnt get the homework. I said we made a attempt but things happened. He said again NO exuse! This man was begining to scare me. He wouldnt let me SPEAK!..I finally break in and say WHO is this teacher that says I need parenting classes? He says..infront of Tay(all this infront of Tay) ohhh Taylor made it all up, I spoke to her and he made it up? I siad thats funny..you told me the same day this happened at this very car to cut him up veggies for lunch? Is that strange or what? He than said both boys were punished for their lack of work(Tay doing none)(Anthony not bringing it) They both lost recess. He finished what he had to say and left the car, no nothing. He did mention that he will show me the transcript from the teacher in question at the parent teacher confernece. DH is livid, I wont be going to that conference. DH is going and wont MR WEINSTEIN be surprised. I am so bad at this type of thing, I always whimp out. We are ordered by NY state law to attend ONE parent teacher confernce per yr. I have no balls for this stuff, but DH has the true blue NY attitude and loves Tay with everything that comes.

--------------------
Mommy to two wonderful boys!

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Mommieto2Girls
Posted: Oct 1 2003, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 167

Oh my, ohmy.gif that's just awful. Hope DH gets them.... unsure.gif
PM
CantWait
Posted: Oct 1 2003, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

How RUDE!!!!!! smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif I hope your dh gives him a chunk of his mind!!!!!!!!! smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster

MomToMany
Posted: Oct 2 2003, 02:37 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Sorry you are having such a hard time with this! I don't know what I'd do in the same situation (I tend to wimp out on stuff too). horray.gif Your DH will give them what they deserve smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif !!
amynicole21
Posted: Oct 2 2003, 04:25 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

What the heck is wrong with these people?!!! How dare they speak to you like that mad.gif I would go to the school board if I were you... forget the stupid principal. This is outrageous!!!!

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
supermom
Posted: Oct 2 2003, 04:37 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

That was really totally and completely uncalled for to address you in that manner. I think I would be bringing a tape recorder with me the next time, and I think that I would also be calling someone at the School Board Office and addressing this with the principal's boss. That is unreal.

So glad you have DH to go with you (or for you) - what would be the possibility of you both going so that you would both be able to back up what this guy says?

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
MomofTay&Sam
Posted: Oct 2 2003, 04:53 AM
Quote Post

Supermom if we both go I have to get a babysitter for the boys, no children allowed. It's at 8:30pm to. Crazyness!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Oct 2 2003, 05:12 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

grouphug.gif I wouldn't have been able to handle that situation either. I am so sorry that teacher made you feel that way, it sounds like he is abusing his authority. I'm glad that your DH will be going to the parent teacher conference. Please let us know how it goes. grouphug.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
ediep
Posted: Oct 2 2003, 05:31 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

OK, first of all....

How can the teacher in his right mind punish children for what was done, or not done, after school???. That is completely backwards!! If Tay is sick, how can he be expected to do homework?? especially if he missed the lessons that went along with these assignments??? It is outrageous to expect parents to ALWAYS be able to go get the HW if they have a sick child.

second...
How dare the teacher talk to you this way....he is completely out of line. You should conact the superintendent, principal, and school board. Write it all down, as you know schools are stickelers for having things in writing.

When DH goes to that conference, he should give him a piece of his mind, inform the teacher of all of the measures that you have taken to report him and that you know your son best....what he sould be eating, and when he is well enough to do is HW, you do not need this guy giving you parenting tips.

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
coasterqueen
Posted: Oct 2 2003, 05:54 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

ITA with Edie!!! How can they punish the children like that? First of all your son was sick and it really isn't the other boys responsibility alone to get the homework to Taylor. That is sad they were punished.

Second, noone should talk to you like that, especially in front of your child!!! Grrrr.

I probably would wimp out too sad.gif I'm really good about speaking my mind in my own home and to some people I have no problem doing that, but other times I just back off (like with my sitter, ugh). So I totally understand how you feel.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Oct 2 2003, 05:56 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

ohmy.gif Oh my that teacher better watch out!

I agree wite it all down and pass it out, who knows you might find other parents with some of the same problems!

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Oct 2 2003, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

omg that teacher needs to learn that YOU are the parent and he is the teacher and he had NO right to talk to you or your child the way he does!!! Im sorry they are giving you and tay such a hard time!!!!!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
MomofTay&Sam
Posted: Oct 2 2003, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

still me(new name) smile.gif
The mother of the other little boy called me this morning. She does not want to be responsible for Tay's homework, or anyone else's for that matter. She was very upset with the way he talked to her and will be talking to him today. She was basically like, caught off guard and given no chance to speak. I will let guys know how it goes.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mckayleesmom
Posted: Oct 2 2003, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

Where do they find these teachers?

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster

jem0622
  Posted: Oct 13 2003, 09:34 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 105

Okay...I heard what you said...but I am looking at both sides here. Each child is responsible for their homework. I would not have my kids relying on anyone else to give my child the correct assignment. Doesn't matter about age. Because it's an accountability thing. And I wouldn't stay home and not pick up any pertinent info over AF. I am sure I am upsetting you, but I am just saying how I feel. If you cannot do something because of a monthly visitor, then that isn't setting an example for Tay. Easy to make up an excuse not to do something. The teacher was probably upset b/c there is a lot of pressure on them these days. He wants Tay (or any other child for that matter) to succeed...but they can't succeed if they don't do their work. And I don't blame the mother for not wanting to be held libel for any of it.

I think that the best way for the school to handle assignments is to post them weekly to the Web and you have to login based on the grade your child is in. Then you can only view homework assignments based on the grade level. Make it time sensitive so you don't have an abuse of the priviledge to see the assignments from the comfort of your home. It would have avoided frustration on both sides. I'm sure the teacher was also upset b/c there were other kids who didn't go to school for that two hour period and it was excuse after excuse...yet the teacher was there for those kids. They have a responsibility. This is partially why my husband chose to back out of being a teacher.

I don't condone at all the way the teacher behaved...but maybe he can explain himself. You don't know the circumstance of his day. We all have bad days and blow up at people. Our kids, our spouse. They are human. I am sure he will calm down and apologize for handling the matter in that way. But look at both sides of the coin.

I hated school as a kid, but I managed to get the work done. Even if it was hurried in the end. I enjoyed college far more than anything. Everyone is different.

It's really important to show the teachers that you support and appreciate what they do day in and day out. They are underpaid and underappreciated.

HUGS to all who are upset.

Julie

--------------------
Julie with Nathan (11) Gabe (8) and id twins Hannah and Olivia (6)

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0125 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]